𝟏𝟔.

⚠️TW: Smut (holy water required) ⚠️

Three days ago...

One of the worst things you could hear your significant other say is 'I have to tell you something'. In Mike's mind, it meant that Will was too scared to tell him before. And sure, they've been distant the last few weeks, but what could be that bad that he would feel the need to hide it. And then the thought came to him again, one he's tried so hard to keep buried down deep resurfacing.

If he doesn't want to be around me, he must be with someone else. Someone better.

So now on top of the constant self-blame and guilt he felt about things he couldn't control, he was paranoid. What if this someone else was someone he knew? Would Will do that to him? Cheat and lie and make him think he was the crazy one?

What if he's cheating with C—

"There's people inside my head."

Wait...what? It took him a few seconds to process what Will was saying to him, a little confused as to why Will made it seem bigger than it was. Mike was on the cusp of a heart attack, and all Will said were five simple words that didn't sound right.

Maybe he's talking metaphorically? Mike could relate to that.

"Mine too."

For some odd reason, that seemed to really take Will by surprise as his eyes began to blink erratically. His jaw fallen.

"W-What do you mean?"

"Like lately, all I can think about is my parents and how I'd feel if one of them died. And it kinda scares me that the thought makes me feel angry more than anything but—"

"No, I don't mean I think of people. I...hear their voices in the back of my mind." He says, cutting Mike off and lowering his voice at the end. Regretting his sentence halfway through saying it. Why you may ask? Because Mike made the mistake of backing up instead of being understanding about it like Will wanted him to be. But of course the other boy didn't realize the hurt on his face because he was still trying to decide if he was hearing Will correctly.

"Mike...Mike I'm not crazy."

"You—I thought—but—"

"Please just say it! You're killing me!"

Suddenly, old memories he'd forgotten started resurfacing. Maybe it was hard to comprehend Will's words because this wasn't the first time Mike was hearing them.

"You have schizophrenia? Nana had that too."

There was name for what Will was going through. And he could be treated for it like she was. Everything would be just fine. There's no reason why he needed to worry—

"But the people have names and they act differently from each other. And they even...control me sometimes."

For some reason, the more he talked, the more irritated Mike was getting. Not with Will directly but more with himself for not knowing how to help. Secretly wishing that things could be simpler or that Will had just admitted to cheating on him. That would've been easier to digest. But this was straight out of a thriller.

"Wait! Is it like having multiple personalities?"

Hope flashed his eyes. "Exactly!"

Mike was a bit more relieved now, and stepped closer to close the gap he created with his fear. Now he felt there was no reason to be scared, because this was still Will. He might've had some mental issues, but who doesn't? And he finally figured out what was wrong with him, so that has to count for something.