ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜

"Why are you so happy," Wheezie cocked an eyebrow at Sarah as she opened the fridge.

Sarah grabbed frozen waffles from the freezer and tossed them in the toaster smiling, "why aren't you?"

"Because Rafe woke me up at 7 in the morning with his loud ass dirt-bike."  Wheezie poured milk on top of her cereal. "I mean does he seriously think he can just sneak in and out of the house without getting caught when he rides that thing? Seriously though,"  she side-eyed Sarah again, "what's up with you?"

"What do you mean?"

"You haven't stopped smiling all morning."

"No I haven't," Sarah protested, still smiling.

Wheezie pointed at her face, "Yes, you have."

Rafe stumbled through the kitchen as he made his way to the fridge followed by his father Ward.  "Nice of you to join us for breakfast Rafe," he said condescendingly.

"The pleasure is all mine," Rafe mumbled as he rummaged through the fridge.

Ward poured himself a coffee, "how's that headache, huh?"

"I don't have a headache," Rafe muttered defensively, running his fingers through his hair. He sighed, shutting the fridge door a bit harder than necessary "how come we have nothing to eat in this house?"

"I just went grocery shopping yesterday," Sarah's mom made her way into the kitchen, taking the time to plant a kiss on each one of her children's cheek.  "Want me to make you some eggs sweetheart?" 

Rafe nodded with closed eyes as he took a seat next to Sarah, resting his head on the kitchen table. "Yeah, that'd be great mom. Thanks."

"What, you too hungover to make eggs for yourself," Ward took a long sip of his coffee.  Rafe didn't respond, so he continued to badger him. "You know you're expected to be home every night unless you ask for permission to do otherwise."

Mrs. Cameron cracked an egg onto the frying pan. "Your father's right. We allowed you a lot of freedom this summer, but now that you're back in school you need to start getting back on track."

Rafe sat up, and pointed a hand at his sister, "you're not even close to this strict with Sarah.  She was out all night too, and I don't hear either of you bitching at her."

"Language Rafe," his mother cracked another egg.

"Sorry mom," he apologized.

"Sarah isn't blacked out on the beach every night Rafe," Ward interjected himself.  "And she doesn't have a C- average in all of her classes either. Really, Rafe, we're not asking for much."

Rafe pushed his chair away from the table and stood up. "Whatever," he took the plate of eggs his mom made for him and kissed her on the cheek before heading up to his room, "thanks for breakfast mom."

Ward took another sip of his coffee, "that boy is going to be the death of me."

"Just be patient with him honey," Mrs. Cameron hugged her husband from the side and he kissed her on the top of her head.

"I wish I had your patients, I really do."

"I wish my entire family wasn't so freaking loud in the morning," Wheezie finished her cereal before heading upstairs. "I'm going back to bed."

Sarah finished the last bite of her waffles, "actually I think I'm gonna go get ready to go out for breakfast."

"Your moms already got eggs on the pan Sarah," Ward started. "Why don't you just eat breakfast here, with your family?"

"I'm sorry" Sarah got up smiling, "I already promised Kie I'd go get breakfast from her restaurant this morning!"  She gestured to her parents, "don't worry, I won't be out for long and I'll make it up to you."

Her mom smiled, flipping over the eggs, "It's okay with me if it's okay with your father."

Sarah jumped up and pointed two fingers at him, "Dad?" Ward nodded and sipped his coffee in defeat. "Whooo!!" Sarah shot up the stairs to her room.

"Wow, I thought you were gonna make her stay-"

Ward hugged his wife from behind and planted a kiss on her cheek, "Gotta keep 'em on their toes."