ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟞

Kiara flipped her calendar open to the date. December 1st. Somehow time had slipped by and she was now halfway through her Freshman year at Kook Academy. It was likely because of Sarah. She made living life so exciting. The two had been seeing each other and hanging out every weekend, yet Kiara was still unsure of their position. Neither of them had ever said I love you outside of being friends, and neither had asked the other to be their girlfriend yet. Kiara knew that Sarah did like her, but she also had to take into account the times that she had seen Sarah flirt with guys such as Topper. That left room to wonder if Sarah believed this thing she had with Kiara was an open relationship. Kiara was not on board with that.

Kiara began to change out of her work clothes as she threw on a large beige Comfy hoodie that was so large it engulfed her entire body down to her knees. She then dragged on some sweatpants, pulling long Nike tube socks over the hems of her pants, then sliding her feet into some dirty white vans. She bent over, using her hands to collect her hair off her shoulders and into a messy bun on the top of her head. Stopping at the doorway she eyed the pocket of her bag where her glasses sat next to her contacts. She checked the time on her phone and grabbed the glasses, putting them on and putting the case away.

She was supposed to be walking Sarah home from her cheer practice today and she was late.  Kiara had intended to stay but her dad had called her to fill in for a couple of hours for an employee who didn't show. She didn't have much of a choice so she left.

Leaving the bathroom door open behind her, Kiara made her way out of her father's restaurant and headed towards the high school. 

 Luckily winter's in North Carolina didn't get too chilly with the exception of a cold spell here and there. The Outer Banks tended to get a little more snow than the inland parts of the state, but still not enough to cause too much trouble. Only about two inches of snow sat on the ground as Kiara entered school grounds. The temperature was about 50 degrees Fahrenheit as well, so the snow was melting into more of a slush. Just as she checked her phone for the time the gymnasium doors bust open allowing a herd of cheerleaders to march out- in the midst of them Sarah Cameron.

"I'll catch up with you guys later," Sarah slipped past them and tip-toed her way over to Kiara, taking her by the arm and pulling her into an adjacent empty classroom, shutting the door behind her. By the looks of it, she had already showered in the locker room as her hair was wet and she was changed into sweats. "Hey Kie," she swung her arms around her, hugging her from behind and smiling into her neck.

Kiara grinned and leaned to the side with Sarah's arms still wrapped around her, then taking a hand and gently pulling her in for a tender kiss. "Hi," she giggled into her lips. 

"So, are we still sleeping at yours tonight?"

"Yeah, if that's alright with you. Oh," Kiara trailed off for a moment. "By the way, I completely forgot I have to wrap some presents for some family party that's coming up. Mind lending me a hand?"

"Yeah, sure," Sarah nodded.

"Okay come on," Kiara pulled her hood over her head and wrapped her arm around Sarah. As she opened the car door for Sarah she noticed particles of ice beginning to freeze in Sarah's wet hair. She jogged around to the other side of the car and got in as Sarah shut the door to her side, "are you cold?"

Sarah shivered, "a little bit."

Kiara turned the heat all the way up and flipped on Sarah's seat heater, "I'll stop to get you some hot chocolate."

"Thanks Kie," she leaned in and pecked her on the lips.

After they went Dunkin' Donuts and ordered Sarah a small hot chocolate they headed straight to Kiara's house, which was not far away.

"Hey mom, hey dad," Kiara greeted her parents as the girls came through the door. 

"Hey sweetheart," her Dad chimed from the kitchen as he emptied the contents of his frying pan into a large serving bowl. "You are Sarah are just in time for dinner."

"Sorry Dad," Kiara said submissively as she left her shoes at the door and headed upstairs. "Got some Hallmark classics to watch. "

Sarah slid off her sneakers and hurried after Kiara, "It smells really good Mr. Carrera!" Sometimes Sarah felt bad for Kiara- her and her parents didn't get along like Sarah did with hers.  However despite her feelings towards Kiara, she still always tried her best to see all sides of things. Sarah had observed over the past months during the time spent with Kiara and her family that while Kiara's parent's cared and loved for her, they didn't understand her or have a strong bond with her.  Because of this Kiara felt hopeless as they had continuously failed to open up their mind to Kiara's perspective, so she was slowly giving up on them. Yet she still didn't say anything- it wasn't really her place.

Sitting on the bed beside Kiara, careful not to spill the hot chocolate, Sarah pulled the blankets over her and Sarah. "Want a sip," she asked pleasantly, holding the cup up to Kiara's lips to offer a drink. Kiara took a sip and licked her lips, "damn, I should've got my own."

Sarah retracted the hot chocolate, "mine." The two scooched together as the opening scene of a Madea Christmas, (I'll let you decide who you think picked it,) arms and legs wrapped around one another keeping each other warm. 

While Sarah slurped from her hot chocolate as the movie played Kiara twirled her hair, running her fingers through it and messaging her scalp. "Hey, Sarah?" she wanted to ask so badly what they were. She was going to do it now. She opened her mouth but then froze.

"What is it?"

She choked. She completely choked. "N-nothing. Nevermind."

Sarah crooked her eyebrows, "are you sure?"

Kiara tried to settle back down, "yeah, I'm sure."

"Okay..." Sarah said uneasily, cuddling up to Kiara's side once more.  She knew that Kiara was upset about something but she also knew that Kiara would get even more upset if prodded about it. With that, she decided to leave it alone, but not forget about it.  It would be brought up again in the future to come soon enough.