ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟞

Kiara felt weightless as the ground beneath her feet disappeared. All of the memories she shared with Sarah came whirling back.  Her kiss, her laugh, her smile. She could never leave Sarah. As long as Sarah was still around, there was still a chance to rekindle what they had. Immediately she regretted letting go of the railing.

Kiara's eyes snapped open as a fist latched around the neck of her shirt, postponing her fall midair. Kind dark eyes laced with panic met her own as her rescuer looked down at her whilst gripping the rail and preventing them from both going over. "I got you," he reassured her. Using every ounce of muscle in his body the boy pulled the girl back onto the safety of the bridge and lead her away from the edge.

Kiara collapsed into the stranger's arms and began to sob, overcome with emotion.  She couldn't muster up anything to say- she wouldn't know what to say if she could say anything at all.  She just knelt in the boy's embrace as he cradled her in his arms, unsure of what else to do. "You're okay," he reassured her, hugging her tighter.

"T-thank you," Kiara swallowed once she had composed her enough to formulate words.

"What's your name," Pope asked her as he helped her to her feet.  He examined her as he began to guide her back to the restaurant. The least he could do is cook her up some breakfast. She had a noticeably fresh scar that was likely cut into her head recently somehow- it looked as if the stitches had just been taken out. 

"I'm Kiara," she introduced herself quietly. "What's yours?"

"Pope," he smiled, opening the door with the correct set of keys before letting her in. "Do you want anything to eat?"

Kiara shook her head no.  This man had just saved her life. He wasn't about to cook her breakfast too.  Pope shook his head smiling and cracked an egg on a frying pan; he was going to cook for her regardless. Right now this girl needed someone to show that she mattered. "Eggs it is."

Kiara put her hands out to refuse, "no really-"

"If you don't eat them I'll be offended," Pope threatened jokingly.

Kiara pursed her lips and smiled gently, sitting back in her chair and then pulled out a twenty, "okay fine. But I'm paying."

Pope slid the twenty-dollar bill back to her. "Breakfast is free any time before opening you know," he lied. But this was a special occasion. The two were quiet for a while as Pope cooked her breakfast.

"I regretted doing as soon as I did," Kiara stated out of the blue.

Pope nodded unjudgingly as he flipped the eggs in the pan.

"I'm not going to try to do it again," Kiara reassured him once more.

With a spatula, Pope scooped up the egg and laid it on top of a piece of avocado toast, "you don't have to prove anything to me, or talk about anything you don't want to. As a matter of fact, if you never want it brought up again consider it done."

Kiara nodded and looked down at her eggs. "Thanks again, Pope."

Ring Ding!

The door chimed as it opened and in walked two customers. By the looks of them, they looked to be about Pope's age, give a or take a couple of months.

"Hey babe," crazy blonde haired boy planted a delicate kiss on Pope's right cheek. He glanced up and gestured to Kiara who sat across from Pope. "Who's this?" Kiara smiled and offered her hand out for a shake.

"I'm Kiara," she introduced herself, leaving out the bit about the bridge. "But my friends call me Kei," she winced at the statement.

Instead of shaking Kiara's hand JJ slid his hand across hers and dapped her up instead, "Nice to meet you Kei."

Pope gestured to the blonde, "this is my boyfriend JJ." He then gestured to the other teenager who had walked in with JJ. He had long hair, freckles, and dazzling eyes, "and this is John B." He waved and Kiara waved back.

"Hey, we were just stopping by for breakfast before we hit the beach," JJ stated. "You surf?"