ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟜

Ding!

Sarah's phone lit up with another notification.

She picked it up and opened her messages with Kiara.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                    Kie

Kie: What time are you leaving for the Halloween party at Kelce's?

Sarah: prob 7ish

Kie: Okay

          Excited to see ur costume

Sarah: I'll bet you 30 bucks you're dressed up as a pirate

Kie: text me when you're leaving

Sarah: Okay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah returned to the mirror and completed the final touches of her makeup, adding a white highlight to the inner corners of her eyes to make the elegant wing she had created with eyeliner look fenominal. She wore her hair in a long flowing braid that draped over her shoulder and on top of her head a delicate golden wreath.  To accompany the wreath crown she wore golden dangly earings, layered golden necklaces, a short tight white dress, and a pair of heels.

She fingergunned to herself in the mirror. "October 31st will be a night to remember."  She checked the time on her phone: 4:50pm. She began to head down stairs- Rafe was her ride and he was leaving to help set up at 5:00pm. "Rafe, I'm gonna be in the car," she called back upstairs to her brother.

"Okay, I'll be out in a minute," he shouted back.

The siblings got in the car and stopped at a convienience store for party supplies and snacks before speeding over to Kelce's.

Rafe busted through the door carrying 4 plastic bags worth of chips in each hand, "hey Kelce."

"Dude, you're late. People are gonna start showing up soon and we're not even slightly ready," Kelce took the bags from Rafe as he ran out to the car to grab more. Sarah followed behind him, also carrying her fair share of groceries. "Hey Sarah," Kelce greeted her as he scrambled around the house setting bowls of popcorn and cheetos on tables here and there.

"Hey," Sarah waved back. "Need help with anything?"

"I feel bad for asking because you weren't supposed to help set up, but would you mind just hanging up all the halloween decorations?"

"No problem, I'm on it."

Just as Sarah and the crew finished decorating party proofing the house the first guest guests began to show up.  They set up a perfect party which was mostly thanks to Sarah- decorations are key.  There were candycorn lights strung the whole way through the house, spiderwebs stuck on the walls, fake spiders crawling on lamp shades, plastic grave stones in the yard, along with some other spooky sculptures. The food also was selected specifically for the occasion.  In the kitchen there sat a bounty of jackolantern cookies, pretzels decorated with white frosting to look like ghosts, and even a jungle juice with gummy eyeballs and fingers.

Most of Sarah's friendgroup showed up relatively early around 6pm.  She was glad that they were all there and having a good time but she was waiting in particular for someone special. Kiara.  She checked the time on her phone again before texting Kiara. 8:30pm.