ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟛

"Your wrists," Kiara became visibly upset when she saw Sarah's wrists which had been bandaged.

Sarah quickly hid her arms behind her back, "it's nothing." She walked over and sat at the foot of Kiara's bed, placing an encouraging hand on her leg. Kiara was in way worse shape. The gash in her forehead had been wrapped and her body was littered with bruises.

Kiara pointed to the bandage that was wrapped around her own head, likely used to prevent any further bleeding and keep the stitches from unraveling, "who knew tackling a guy four times my size would hurt." Sarah felt a wave of relief. She was alright. She was still good ole' Kiara.

And she was still good ole' Sarah.  The same Sarah who has put Kiara in this danger in the first place. "This isn't a joke Kiara. Look at you."

"Yeah," Kiara tossed up her hands. "Look at me I'm fine."

Looking at Kiara then and there was enough to choke Sarah up. "You almost died."

"Well, I didn't," Kiara protested. She held out her arms and tilted her head, "now can you give me a hug please?"

"You almost died because of me."

"Sarah," Kiara started. "You can't be serious."

"I'm serious. You almost died because of me."

"Don't be ridiculous-"

"Don't try to argue with me right now," Sarah snapped, her eyes beginning to well up with tears. "I'm the reason you almost died. You have to stay away from me."

Kiara shook her head, baffled, "what are you talking about?"

"I've already lost my mom I'm not going to lose you too-"

"You're not going to lose me!"

"I already almost did, and there was nothing I could do to stop it." Sarah got up from the bed and stood next to Kiara. "It hurts too much for me to hurt you."

"Sarah," Kiara's lip began to quiver. "What-"

"We have to be done," Sarah placed a gentle hand on Kiara's chin and guided her lips towards hers. 

"But I love you," Kiara rasped out shakily as tears flooded down her cheeks. "Please don't do this."

"I'm sorry," Sarah planted one last kiss on Kiara's soft lips. "I can't be the reason why you get hurt again."

Kiara grabbed hold of Sarah's hands, "don't go Sarah."

Without another word Sarah turned and walked out the door.