Welcome to the Hunter Exams pt.2

With that we were running down the tunnel.

Y/n POV

     "How damn long are we supposed to run through this forest! The old lady said it would only be two hours. It was two hours two hours ago!"

   "Leorio, just be patient we'll get there eventually," Kurapika answered for the...fourth time since we had gone through the tunnel, I believe.

    "Guys, look the house! It's over there!" exclaimed a somehow still excited Gon. Honestly what did his aunt feed him? How does he manage to not look tired whatsoever?

    "I think I see it up there. Come on!" Kurapika says pointing towards a house with no lights on. Strike one. My nerves were high. Shouldn't they be expecting us? Why would the lights be off? We hurry towards and Leorio quickly knocks on the door. The house remains silent. Even when Leorio calls out, "Is anybody home?", the house's eerie silence continues. Strike two. Maybe the nagivators went out. They could have gone out for a bit. No. I don't believe that they would risk leaving their home on such an important day.

"They must be out,"Gon said, voicing my thoughts.

"I'm coming in!" Leorio called out as he walked into the house. Strike three. Isn't it a bit strange to leave your door unlocked. Especially with all the magical beasts around this area. Why would you leave the door unlocked?  It just makes it easier for magical beasts to enter your house.

"Hahahahaha!"

    Inside the house was a magical beast, in it's long claws it held a girl. The house was in shreds, floorboards broken and tables thrown around the room. A man laid behind the beast, clearly injured. Just as we charged towards it, it pushes past us and jumps out of the windovw. It takes the girl with it, and almost immediately we all jump into action. Kurapika tells Leorio to take care of the wounded man and the three of us quickly ran after the beast. I could still hear the man pleading for us to rescue his wife as we ran out of the house. Gon somehow manages to find the magical beast in the darkness. I really need to ask his aunt what she feeds him because this boy is full of surprises.

    I look over to Kurapika and see we both share the same expression of surprise and appreciation for Gon. Gon and Kurapika jump into the trees to follow the magical beast, so I do the same. The magical beast, with the woman still in its grasp, turns back go look at us and sees Gon right behind it. Damn, Gon is fast. I mean, I wasn't too far behind myself. Kurapika and I were moving at the same-ish pace. I was a few steps ahead of Kurapika. We all drop to the floor to follow the beast on better running ground

    "RELEASE HER!" Gon yells as he jumps onto the branch adjacent to with the magical beast.  The magical beast speeds up further and cackles.

   "Come here to get her back yourself!"

    "Gon! Be careful that's a Kiriko. They can shapeshift into any human. They also know  how to speak the human language,"

   "Well then that'll make this a whole lot easier!"

      Gon takes out his fishing rod and with perfect aim hits the beast on the head. This causes the beast to drop the woman and run off. Gon yells to Kurapika and I to catch the woman and quickly follows the beast through the trees' leaves. Kurapika catches the woman before she lands on the land.

     "Are you okay?" Kurapika asks the woman as I assess the woman for any unidentified injuries.

"Yes, I'm fine. How is my husband? I need to see him. You have to take me to my husband,"