•Just an old vinatge dress• Part One

A/N: Hey y'all! We're getting close to 4K! This part is going to have a follow on part. Hope you enjoy! As usual advice is always welcome! Remember to vote, comment and recommend! Please check out my new FanFiction titled 'How It Began' it's my spin on what happened in Budapest. Thanks for all your support!
~Sam

Natasha's POV
•:::::•

I woke up to hear scratching sounds coming from downstairs. The sounds of cupboards being opened and reopened. Burglars. The clock on the table displayed the time in vibrant colours. What are burglars doing in the tower at 03:42? I quietly open the drawer, not wanting to wake Clint, and grab my gun. The cool metal is a shock to my warm skin. I pull on my dressing gown and slip out of the door. Cautiously I step down the stairs only to see the kitchen door wide open. I stand by the door and peer in. Someone is rummaging through the cupboards, sorry mate all you're going to find is Thor's poptarts. I slide into the kitchen and cock the gun. The 'burglar' turns round. I put my gun down in anger. "Thor! My God I thought you were a bloody burglar!" Thor hugs the box of poptarts tightly in his hands, and runs out shoving one in his mouth as he does so. Great.

After changing into a blouse and jeans I decide to go shopping. My wardrobe is looking a little tatty, and I need to pamper myself once in a while. I clasp my keys in my hand. "Hey Jane!" I shout remembering Jane is staying for a few weeks. "Do you wanna go shopping with me!" I hear a muffled "sure" and button up my jacket. "Does anyone need anything?" I say as I walk into a very full sitting room. "I'm going shopping?" I repeat. A chorus of "Ummmms" erupts. I sigh and leave.

The crisp autumn air feels fresh, compared to the hot stuffy summer we had just endured. Jane keeps relatively quiet, fiddling with the pom poms attached to her gloves. "Hey, I'd like to go in this shop, if you don't mind." I point at the window of an old vintage clothing shop. Jane nods and follows me inside. The rooms smells antiquated, with a hint of rose perfume in the air. I inhale deeply. Jane wanders of towards a scarf selection, but a certain dress catches my eye. On a tatty old manikin is a white lace dress with a black collar. It's just my size, even if I have to squeeze into it. The faded price label reads $12 which shocks me for such a nice dress. I hear footsteps behind me, and suddenly Jane is at my side, she too admiring the pretty dress. "You should get it." She cuts right to the point. I fumble around in my bag and bring out my wallet.

I hold on tight to the bag in my hand, feeling very pleased with my purchase. "This street is like a ghost town." Jane mutters, turning round to see the shops. She's right. Only a couple of the shops are still going, the others have their windows painted white. The street lamps flicker eerily. I hear the sound of high heels swiping the ground behind us. "What shoes are you wearing." I whisper to Jane. "Why?" She asks quickly. "Just tell me!" I still hear the shoes, getting louder and louder. "Just a pair of old sneakers. Why?" I feel the gun in my handbag. The shoes get closer and closer. Until the sound stops. I was just overthinking things again. I sigh, my sigh turns into a scream as the needle is pushed into my neck. My head hits the floor, Jane's too. The whole world went black.