Steve's Birthday

A/N: Hey guys! I've just started to write my new FanFiction titled 'How It Began' which is basically my spin on what happened in Budapest. Here's a little sneak peak:
~
Clint's POV: My heart thumped as I boarded the plane. I was going to Budapest. I was going to Hungary. I grinned, I'd always loved travelling, seeing new sites, but sadly this wasn't a holiday. I scanned over my brief set of notes regarding this mission. Director Fury had given them to me before I set off for the airport. Usually before my missions he had an extraction plan and would be convincing me that I would come out alive, but this time all he said was "Good luck." I read through the file...
~
Anyways hope you enjoy this!
~Sam

Clint rolled over, the duvet tugging at his feet. Natasha was gone, and the smell of bacon and waffles wafted throughout the Tower. He got up and made the bed, smoothing out the pillow cases, and collecting up all the empty glasses from around the room. Heaving on his dressing gown, Clint opened the door.

The Tower consisted of many floors, which were all painted a light brown coffee colour with dark brown doors. Natasha and Clint had put effort into their room. They painted the walls silvery colours and Natasha had painted cherry blossom trees on them. The bed was white with sparkly pink and silver cushions and the wood was a metallic grey colour.

Clint slowly walked down the steps towards the smell of waffles and bacon, the closer he got the more he could smell. Maple syrup was starting to come through. Eventually he found his way to the modern kitchen, with a breakfast bar and high stools. He put the glasses into the dishwasher and saw Natasha taking bacon off the grill. "I was wondering where you were." Clint said hugging Natasha from behind. "I thought it would be nice to make breakfast." She smiled pouring orange juice into seven glasses. "Oh yeah? What's the occasion?" Clint grinned. Natasha looked at him, giving him a look that said 'are you serious?' Clint scrunched his eyebrows up, confused. "It's Steve's birthday Clint." Clint opened his mouth wide. "Holy shit I forgot." Natasha glared at him. "I'm guessing you haven't got him a present." Steve fidgeted with his dressing gown belt. "Well, considering we are in a relationship what's mine is yours and what's yours is mine, so we can share whatever present you got him." Clint was pretty impressed at his idea, but Natasha wasn't so happy about it. "That's not how it works Clint."

Clint was dressed in a blink and out of the door. He had fifteen minutes (whilst the waffles were cooking) to get Steve a present. The problem was, since the incident in New York all the shops had kinda got smashed. There was this one new shop which sold vintage stuff, but most of it was vintage comic books. He went in and was greeted by the smell of paper. He went up to the counter and said to the keeper, who had gawky glasses and acne, "Look, I don't have much time and I need you to listen very carefully. I have fifteen minutes to get my friend Steve a birthday present because I forgot, and my really mean girlfriend Natasha won't let me share her gift, so I have to get a present." The owner looked at him with a confused expression. "Wait wait, are you Hawkeye?" Clint nodded in utter frustration. "I have just the thing dude." He walked Clint over to a stack of comic books and as he was trying to find the one he was going to show Clint, he talked. "Dude I thought it was amazing what you did a few months back. Sadly I didn't get to see it all, I was being evacuated-" Clint was confused why this kid was sad that he was rescued. "But seriously that guy with the long hair just blew my mind, I was like, how the hell can a hammer do that! Oh and the one who got all green, THAT WAS TOTALLY FREAKIN AMAZING. Even if like he did destroy the whole city." Finally he picked out the comic book he needed and showed Clint. "This is the first issue of Captain America, it was the first printed and my uncle, who owns this shop, bought it for like a fortune dude. I can sell it to you for $55 AND an autograph which I can frame. Could you do three autographs?" The kid asked. Clint nodded and signed three pieces of paper and gave the kid $55. Before he went out the kid said "TELL YOUR FRIENDS DUDE TELL YOUR FRIENDS."

Clint panted when he reached the tower he quickly wrapped the comic book in newspaper and scribbled something down on a card he found. He ran into the kitchen to find Natasha laying out everyone's food. "GUYS FOODS READY!" She screamed. As soon as she said that food was ready all the guys sped out of their bedrooms and into the kitchen. Food was the most important thing in the world.

"Guys lets do presents!" Natasha smiled tidying the breakfast stuff away. Steve clapped his hands together like a child at Christmas. Everyone sat in a circle in the living room. "OPEN MINE OPEN MINE!" Thor bellowed loudly. Steve nodded and took the present from Thor opening the card first. On the front of the card Thor had drawn Loki hugging a unicorn. The present was a limited edition Pop Tart maker. Steve smiled. Tony's present was some kind of electrical device which Steve couldn't really figure out. Natasha had bought him some aftershave which smelt gooooooood. Bruce's present was a book on some big machine thing and he seemed pretty enthusiastic about it. "This book is amazing, it has all this information and one day it will come in handy." Steve knew that it would never come in handy. Last of all Clint's present. Steve seemed to have mixed emotions about it. He was happy because he felt really famous, but sad as it reminded him of Peggy. Pepper shared Tony's present which made Clint mad.

Later on that evening Clint and Natasha were left alone in the living room. "How come I couldn't share your present and Pepper shared Tony's?" Natasha laughed. "That's only because Pepper stepped on the watch she got Steve." Clint was confused. Again.