Enagement

A/N: I know. It's been a while. I think I just moved on from this book a bit and wanted to write some new stuff, but I do have a part for you all today but it's pretty short. That's kind of what I want all these parts to be now, short and sweet, I hope that's okay!

Sam xx

{REQUESTS OPEN}

*Natasha's POV*

I awake to find a tiny slip of paper on my chest.

Follow the eggs. Love Clint.

It's Easter and knowing my childish boyfriend, he's probably made some kind of weird trail out of Easter eggs.

I pull on my dressing gown and trudge out of our bedroom only to be greeted by a small Easter egg wrapped in pink foil.

I place it in my pocket and see a blue one up ahead next to the bathroom.

He's such a kid.

I sigh as I pick up the blue egg and put it away with the pink one.

A green one above the picture frame.

A yellow one under the rug.

I follow the trail all the way to the kitchen where there is an orange egg cleverly disguised as an actual orange in the sparse fruit bowl on the countertop.

I've collected nine eggs so far and my pockets are bulging, but I can't help but chuckle. I've never done an Easter egg hunt before.

There's a silver egg on the doormat with a note saying: Go outside.

Sure enough, there's an egg on the other side of the window.

I pull open the door and retrieve the red egg and spot the next one on the patio.

I look around for my childish boyfriend but cannot see him anywhere, probably sat in a tree somewhere.

The last egg is bigger and golden, sitting on the romantic little swing we bought.

There's a tiny heart shaped note next to it saying: Crack open the egg.

I peel off the foil, a smirk spreading across my face, and smash open the egg.

I gasp.

A small black velvet box sits on the swing, smothered in melted chocolate.

Clint appears behind me, stroking my arm, reaching over for the box and getting down on one knee.

I feel the tears fall gingerly down my cheeks as Clint opens the box to reveal a sapphire engagement ring, a delicate silver band just like the one I wanted.

"Natasha," he begins, smiling up at me, "will you do me the honour, of becoming my wife?"

I find myself laughing through the tears like a complete idiot but I nod and bend down, smothering his face with light kisses and tears. Only my Clint could propose in such a dorky manner.

"I do love you Clint." I whisper.

Clint chuckles, "I love you too."

{REQUESTS OPEN}