CH. 4

Giovanni De Luca

The strong woman in front of me held a much greater beauty than the surveillance material painted her out to be. Shaking with raw power, Sienna held herself fit for a queen. Unobscured by makeup or expensive surgery, the woman looked outright divine.

Luciano had been adamant that we kept our eyes on her around the clock, no matter where she was in the world. We had been watching her from the second she turned fifteen and I hadn't even thought about ever taking my eyes of her again. The fiery woman had integrated herself on my being, making me unable to forget her.

It didn't go a day where I didn't think about the tiny goddess of a woman. Uncategorical to her smaller frame, she held a power extending further than all my men combined. She might not have realized it herself, but the poise and persistence she carried made her extremely dangerous.

Luciano had been correct to assume that Sienna held the capabilities to dethrone Leo with a landslide. Where Leo was visibly larger than her, he lacked her stongheaded ability to stay consistant. A feature essential to succeed in this cutthroat world.

We had been a hidden part of the Bianchi household for several decades, lurching in the shadows to make sure that our biggest benefactors stayed safe from retaliation. Out of all the family's personalities I had come across, none of them affected me to the extent that Sienna did.

I was fifteen the first time I laid eyes on the prodigal daughter being five years her senior. The dainty ten year old girl had shown me no mind playing football in the garden with her brother and friends, falling over and tackling the guys with roaring ferocity.

My mother saw it the second I laid my eyes on her that she would become an important person in my life. A union between a De Luca and a Bianchi would result in superiority in our league of syndicates, an attribute my father had been eager to collect in his madness for power.

We had tried to make him see the bigger picture for years before things turned ugly. He was a threat to the family and the partners dependent on us. Luciano had advised me on what to do if he turned rabid and I did just that. With my fathers blood on my hands, I was given the keys to the kingdom and forced to leave my queen behind.

While we were thousands of miles apart, I never missed the chance to check up on her. Under the agreement to watch over her, we never strayed far as she grew up to be a ballbuster of a woman with a no-bullshit attitude.

"Did you find Federico last night?"

Tearing my eyes of her stunning frame, I zoned in on the conversation again. You could clearly see the determination blazing in her eyes as she spoke about the man responsible for the purple decoration on her sharp face.

"He ran before my men could catch him. We'll find him in no time. Sicily is a tiny island when the entirety of the Cosa Nostra is after him"

My reassurance appeared unnecessary for the fearless woman. The glimmer of painful punishment grew stronger by the second she thought of that weasel of a man. I had no hesitation that it would appear difficult to change her decision once she had set her mind to it, and had I been Federico in this instance, I would have been terrified.

"I don't give a shit about the Cosa Nostra or any other fucking boysclub in the world. He's mine and only mine!"

The loud roar that escaped the petite woman was impressive. Had you glanced upon her, you wouldn't have believed her able to make such a sound. Letting the disrespect for our family peel off, I watched her vigilantly for what to come. Luciano had warned us about her persistence and made it perfectly clear that we should be armed if we intended to talk her down.