CH. 9

"I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me"
- Joshua Graham

Sienna Bianchi

Drowning.

The perfect embodiment of what I was experiencing right now. In some ways, it was serene. Violently serene enough to vaporize the person I once was only to replace her with a shell of white hot rage. In a desperate attempt to protect itself, my body swallowed the scared, young girl whole.

As an angry vessel, no emotion other than blinding rage registered. My entire family laid slaughtered like cattle before me but I couldn't find a single bone in my body feeling like crying. All locked up in a sealed box with no means of escaping, I had seamlessly transformed into the ruthless killer my grandfather had groomed from adolescence.

"Sienna. Sienna? Holy fuck"

Sounding miles away, Giovanni's concerned voice barely registered in my transformational haze. Making no effort to confirm that I heard him, I held eye contact with my obliterated family. Only one statement repeated in my mind. A promise I staked my life on carrying out.

I will kill him!

With a promise to avenge the heartless murder executed on our own property, my haze slowly lifted enough to allow me control of my body. Hidden behind multiple layers of self preservation, the old me's fears and insecurities fueled my blistering inferno.

Stained in thousand shades of red, the expensive flooring conveyed a renaissance painting of utter destruction. No inch of the foyer was left unscathed. A place that had once been filled with laughter and unconditional love was now void of any real emotion.

"I need a count of all the bodies, ID's and their family's contact information. Get me Luciano's men here as soon as possible. We need to regroup and do a thorough search of the manor" As a product of my grandfather's vigorous lessons, I knew exactly what to do and how to execute it. The moulded weapon he'd created offered a persona easier to deal with than the broken little girl inside.

With a heart bleeding profusely at the loss, my mind was clear as a crystal. No doubt lingered. No uncertainties. I had entered a tweaked business mode, lusting for complete control of the situation.

Federico like many others had made the grave mistake of underestimating my drive and pure fire for revenge. Oh, what a surprise he was in for. The Bianchi name I ceremoniously wore on my sleeve was no mere accessory. I was my grandfather's descendant, his vengeance soaring through my veins.

"Luca, follow through on her requests. Get a few of our men down here as well" Giovanni ordered once the shock eventually wore off.

"Would you fetch my brother? He needs to see this" I gently spoke over my shoulder, dreading the fact that I was exposing him to such monstrosity.

"Are you sure?" Luca whispered, clearly affected by the scene like the rest of us.

"I'm sure. If he is to take charge of the Bianchi empire, he needs to see this with his own two eyes. Our men will expect him to know what happened, down to the very last detail" I voiced my reasoning, earning a compliant nod from the high-ranked Italian.

Unsure if I should warn my unsuspecting brother, I silently seeked advice from the seasoned Don by my side. Giovanni knew what to do without a single syllable leaving my lips. Doing what I couldn't, he left my side and closed the grand entrance door behind me.

The deafening silence fell over me once again, weighing heavily on my tense shoulders. In matters of what seemed like seconds, Leo and I had gone from being beloved kids to orphans. As a retribution for my whimsical actions, I had personally signed, sealed and delivered their death sentence. My actions rendered Leo unable to have his family watch him fall in love, get married and have kids.