Chapter 6 Part 3:Knight In Shining Armor

It's the morning, everything is the same except she didn't sent her those sweet messages Sage was waiting for. She didn't know why she keeps checking her phone. Every simple notification sound makes her face light up with joy but soon falls into disappointment seeing it wasn't Reyna.

It's the morning, the sun shines brightly but still today seems dull. She wanted to message her but she didn't want to disturb her time. She wonder what she's doing now. Is she busy? Is she still asleep? Maybe she's doing something?

Sage looks at her phone with her teddy bear held close to her chest. She let her phone fall into her comfortable bed with a heavy sigh coming out of her mouth. She raise both of her arms on the air as she look at the teddy bear, now held both in her hands.

"Do you think she's busy?" she pouted as she look at the plush with an impatient look on her face. The Chinese woman lets out a heavy sigh as she let the teddy bear fall into the side of the bed, her hands soon fell lifelessly on the soft bed sheets. She smiled at the thought of last night. A knock can be heard at her wooden door. She immediately looked at the direction of the door. "Who is it?" She asked as she sprung up from the bed she was once laying at lazily. The door slowly opened revealing a white haired girl, she was a bit hesitant but she still came in. "Hey..." Jett said with a weak tone in her voice. Sage felt delighted by her company, she hopes that they can finally break away from the awkwardness they are currently in. "Hey!" She replied beaming and full of excitement. The latter then smiled back at her making her face slightly wince. Sage looks at her with a worried look on her face.

"It's been quite a while since you're here" Sage kept her eyes focused on the korean. Her hair was quite a mess and she had a small cut on her lip. Jett nodded at her smiling, making her lip ache again. "What happened to your lips?" Sage asked examining her cut leaning a bit closer to her, knitting her eyebrows, and gently touching her lip with her soft thumb. The Korean girl lets out a hiss with her lip stinging in her touch. "I fell and injured it" She lets out a soft chuckle. Sage suddenly got her healing orb in her hand and healed the Korean. "You didn't have to do that, it's just a small cut..." Jett smiled weakly at her. Her lips healed and looked much better. "I wanted to" she simply said. The white haired girl felt special but at the same time she knew Sage was just being caring.

"Well, why'd you come here?" The Chinese questioned her while she fix Jett's hair. "You told me that I should wait for 3 months, I never understood what that meant..." She asked a bit unsure if she made the right decision. Maybe she shouldn't have asked her that. Jett braced herself for the drama that she was expecting to happen. "I don't think I can exactly tell you what I mean by that yet but can you?" Sage replied as she brush her rich, beautiful, white hair with her hand gently. "I can do that but I want to know why I need to wait." The Korean girl played with one of her knife, tossing and flipping it.

"Do you not like me anymore?" Jett looked at her with a bit of fear in her eyes. Unsure of what to answer, she can't exactly say she doesn't like her anymore. She suddenly stopped brushing her hair and lowered down her hands to herself. She bites her lip lightly preventing her nonsense from being spilled without a thought. "I still do" She answered with a bit of guilt in her heart. Even she herself was unsure if she was contradicting her own feelings or not. But even so, she was sure that she really thought about her answer. "Then why don't you like us kissing?" She held her hand affectionately as if she was trying to prove her something. "We're not dating are we?" Sage replied with pain in her answer, still she lets out a soft chuckle but it doesn't sound very happy. She sounded hurt even if she wasn't really hurt physically. It was her heart aching. She had mixed feelings about the situation. But she was sure of one thing when she felt her heart aching.

She does still like her.

Jett lets out a sigh and lets go of her hand slowly but she didn't leave her side. She looked at her with her eyes full of emotions. "If that's the problem why don't we just date?" She asked confidently, she felt her heart palpitations. She was sure about her feelings, and she was also sure that she's serious about Sage. "No, we can't" Sage refused her even when she really does like her.

These lingering feelings, they won't go away. Let it die, kill it. She doesn't want to like her anymore.

"Why not?"
"I dont want to tell you why"

Jett felt hurt, her eyes shows it every well. It feels like she was being lied to. She doesn't like the thought of Sage keeping a secret from her. There was a long pause before one of them breaked the silence. "Are you sure you like me?" Jett asked her with her heart pounding yet it felt like the more it pounded the more it hurts. "I'm... Sure" she answered.

The moment that was supposed to be warm, heart fluttering, and sweet felt nothing like that. Although the moment was not so sweet and romantic, it was okay for Jett. Hearing those words was enough for her. She smiled at Sage, though it looks a bit pained; she still was happy about the answer. Relieved that she still does like her. The fear of Sage losing interest in her, didn't happen today. Maybe someday it will happen but she hopes it never happens.

"I'll wait."
"No matter how long."

She firmly say, it sounded like a promise. She wonders how long can she go on for.

If there's a prince charming there's a knight in shining armor.

-----
Thanks for reading<33
The title is so long LMAOAOSNZN 💀

Have a nice day everyone! :]