Chapter 11 Part 1: A Choice

Jett walks into her room, feeling like there's a hole in her heart; she buried her face in her pillow, letting it get soaked with tears eager to get out of her eyes. All she could ever think of was every little thing that was happening. The reason why she changed, the reason why they changed. She let herself go and let it all out. This was her first heartbreak, and it felt like she could never move on from her; she didn't want to move on; what she wanted was to go back to the beginning. Jett didn't want to accept it.

It feels like loving too much can be destructive. Jett didn't know it at first, but now she does, and she felt like she was losing everything. It felt so unfair for her. She gave her everything; she was there for her whenever Sage needed her; Jett never lacked effort; she loved her unconditionally. The fact; that Sage didn't even tell her was so painful for her. It felt horrible to be led on. It was like getting excited for a trip, only for it to get canceled.

It hurts because she put in effort for it. Jett, not being able to sleep because of excitement, is almost equivalent to her getting sleepless nights thinking about Sage. She felt frustrated that even after all the things she discovered and felt- she still loved her. A part of her wishes she didn't know, but at the same time, she was glad she knew.

She felt like she wasn't enough for her, although Jett gave her everything she could. She wonders what could've gone wrong, if she wasn't enough for Sage or if Sage didn't love her as much how she loves her. Is it the challenge of how much longer she can wait for the love of her life, or would she be wasting her time over someone who possibly no longer likes her as much as before? The thing she hates the most is that no matter how much she's hurt by her, she can't bring herself to hate her. It continues to deteriorate her and her feelings, and right now, she's wondering whether she should wait longer, trust her, and love her better than her competitor.

It's been hours after their last encounter, and now she's waiting for Sage to come back to confront her once more about it. She thought about it, and she's almost sure that Sage is just leading her on. One thing keeping her from letting it all go; is her love for Sage. Even though Sage is giving her mixed feelings right now, she still loves every attention she gets from her. Does it make her an attention seeker for wanting her love? Is it selfish for her to only want Sage to love her?

There's a knock on the door, she cursed under the pillows. She frantically wiped her tears away and flipped her pillow to the other side, where it's not soaked with her tears. "Y-Yes?" She responded to the knocking on the door. Silence filled the room for a few seconds before someone replied once again.

"Can I come in?" She says with guilt in her voice; it sounded a little quiet but still audible. She'd recognize this voice anywhere; it sounded mellow, though she knows it's the same voice who'd say sweet words to the person she never knew she'd be fighting over the same woman, and it breaks her heart even more for her; it feels like everything Sage said to her wasn't true.

She wavered for a moment but soon replied, "Yes." The door slowly and quietly opened, revealing the person she expected; their eyes locked for a moment; she looked at her coldly while the other was filled with guilt. Sage enters her room and closes the door behind her; although her eyes are enchanting, she couldn't get lost in them. The white-haired woman glances away in a frown.

Sage slowly walked over to her; she knew she was hurt. "Jett... I know you're upset." The latter refused to look at her, but she could feel Sage stare at her. She couldn't care less about it. Although after hearing what she just spoke, it felt like she was about to burst into anger.

She scoffs, then looks at her in the eyes. "Upset? Just Upset?" She runs her fingers through her hair in bitterness. "Sage, you broke my heart!" Her voice cracked a little, and she looked at her with tears forming in her eyes once again. "Did you even love me?" She wiped her tears before they could fall to her cheeks. "Don't just look at me like you didn't just hurt my feelings, answer me, Sage." She could feel her voice faltering, struggling to keep it stable.

"Of course I do, Jett. I love you..." She looked at the ground with guilt.

Jett sneered at her answer with both her eyebrows raised up in shock and disbelief. "And yet you lead me on?" Jett brushed her index finger off her nose, wiping off small amounts of nasal discharge. "Don't you see the problem here?" She stands up with her built-up energy inside her come bursting out. Her hands expressed their way however they wanted to, and she kept walking back and forth while complaining to Sage. Jett was on the very edge of her tears. "You- you broke my trust! How can I build it again?" Jett looked at her with tears escaping her eyes, and her eyebrows expressively raised upwards.

She felt like she was detonating; Jett was infuriated, glum, and most of all, she felt childish. Childish because of the fact that they had no relationship to start with, and they're nothing more than just best friends. She's not her girlfriend, nor did they disclose their feelings before. She felt betrayed and lied to. Jett felt like she was not even allowed to feel frustrated because Sage wasn't faithful to her; they're not in a relationship, so why does it matter?

"Is it selfish to want you all to myself?"

Jett clenched her jaws before letting go and finally bursting out in front of Sage.

Sage looked at her, and all these feelings came rushing to her. "I'm sorry." She gulped after feeling a knot in her throat. "I still like you," Sage answered honestly, hoping it would make Jett feel better.

Jett stared into her eyes, and for a second, she almost lost herself in it. She quickly collects herself back again before responding to her more calmly. "Why don't you just let me go?" She hated to say it, but maybe it was for the best. "You like Reyna, right?" Jett continued, even though it pains her the more she continues on. "You can't like us both." Sage felt her heart cracking, but comparing it to how Jett feels right now? Jett was more in pain than her. Jett could see it in her eyes, but she kept silent. She thought it didn't hurt her as much as it hurt her because she had Reyna.

Jett held her hand and looked at her deeply in the eyes with a feeling she couldn't quite name, even though her eyes were red from her tears. "You were with her, right?" Sage nodded in response; she felt even more guilty, but she thought she deserved it. Jett smiled bitterly; she hoped it wasn't true, but it was nothing more than just the painful truth.

"I don't want to let you go because I like you... a lot. I love you, Jett. I didn't want to fall in love with her, but I couldn't help it. Before I knew it, I was already catching feelings. She also has a place in my heart." Sage combusts; she embraces Jett. She felt furious once again, but she tried to tone it down. The latter stayed still for a few seconds before pushing her away.

"Sage, are you even hearing yourself?"

"If she's in your heart, then where am I? Where am I in your heart? Where do I belong if she's inside it too? You make me feel like an option; you have commitment issues, and we just... we changed... Now I'm this person hoping that at the end you'll still be choosing me and not her because I'm the one who's been with you through thick and thin, but now I realize that it might not even be possible... unless you make a choice. So, is it me or Reyna?"

-----
Thank you for reading this chapter!
HAVE A NICE DAY!! <333