Chapter 9 Part 3: Patience

Jett's travel on the sea felt like years with the constant thought of Sage but now she's at the HQ walking with brimstone. He was talking about something but her mind was fogged up with Sage and her relationship with Reyna. It was like she didn't care about her surroundings anymore and just kept walking with her eyes focused on one person and one person only, it was Sage talking to a staff. "You kids are getting too reckless doing your mission-" Brimstone stopped in his tracks to enter a door; he and Jett was supposed to go into but was caught off guard as Jett continued walking forward to the clinic where Sage was. He wanted to get her attention back to him but thought maybe she needed some healing and let her go to Sage.

Maybe it was just her but it seemed like everyone was blocking her view to Sage. But she didn't mind it and just kept walking, not even minding whether she bumped into somebody or not. Her walking soon turned into running and before she knew it she was already holding her in her arms. The emotions that she kept for the entire ride bursted out as soon as she felt her embrace. The staff looked at the two of them confused about what was going on. Jett felt their stare but she couldn't care less. She thought she'd be angry at her but as soon as she saw her everything else didn't matter. "What happened?" Sage asked her, still embracing her warmly. She was worried about what could've made Jett suddenly act like this.

"You're my everything." She whispered close to her ear with a shaky breath. Her hugging became tighter after that, she didn't want to let her go. "I love you, probably more than I should have." Tears trickled down her cheeks to her chin. It felt as if her heart was trying to rebuild itself by piecing the shattered pieces all together. "Nothing happened... I just miss you, like really really bad." She chuckled and wiped her tears that no matter how many times she wipes, it just keeps falling. She used both of her hands to wipe off her tears but Sage kept her hands wrapped around her. She watched her wipe her tears with a concerned look on her face.

The staff Sage was talking to a while ago watched the two of them, also concerned about Jett. Sage didn't know what happened but she knew something did happen during that mission. The sentinel replied with a warm gentle smile and eyes filled with concern as she help her wipe her tears with the use of her thumb. "I'll always be here." She said before hugging her once again. Although Jett knew this was no time to add more awkwardness to their relationship after this; she just had to cry to her bestfriend, Sage. She was well aware that she still have a chance to be with her after this 3 months and all she had to do is to not let Sage fall for Reyna deeper than Sage had fallen for Jett.

"I'll wait for you."

Sage looks at her a bit confused, there was one thought in her mind but she doubt Jett was talking about that when she have no idea what to wait for.

"I'll wait for 1 month and a few more days."

The sentinel gulped at her, giving her an awkward smile. She gave the staff a quick glance and she quickly catches up to what Sage was gesturing and left the two of them alone. Sage broke their hug and entered the currently empty clinic, holding Jett's hand in hers.

"I'll wait for how long just to spend my forever with you." Jett looked at her with a serious look in her eyes. Eyes that are now a bit red from tears. She gave her a small smile filled with hope, hopes of Sage still having feelings for her after 3 months. It sounds risky but there's no way to turn back now after everything they've already done. "I love you more than anything." Her words were like soft cotton candy. It filled her stomach with butterflies, not wanting to get out. "If that Reyna hurts you just know that I would always be here. I'll protect you," She said with her head down low as she slowly lay herself on a gatch bed behind the curtain that was barely covering it.

"But right now... is it possible to heal a broken heart?"

-----
Thank you for reading this chapter!
I have provided music 🙈💕
I know its shorter but have a great day everyone:)
❤️