Ten

"I will talk with her. Jedi Senator Amidala will not refuse an executive order." Chancellor Palpatine said to Anakin. Anakin was standing in front of Chancellor Palpatine in this office. "I know her well enough to assure you of that."

"Thank you, Your Excellency." Anakin said with a small smile, feeling much better after talking to the Chancellor.

"And so, they've finally given you an assignment. You've also finally been reunited with your other half of the prophecies." Chancellor Palpatine pointed out as Anakin nodded his head. "Your patience has paid off."

"Your guidance more than my patience." Anakin corrected.

"You don't need guidance, Anakin." Palpatine said as he walked away from the window, Anakin following behind. They walked towards the door. "In time, you will learn to trust your feelings. Then you'll be invincible. As I have said many times, you and ____ are the most gifted Jedi I have ever met. I see you both becoming the greatest of all Jedi, Anakin. Even more powerful than Master Yoda."

~

Obi-Wan, Mace Windu, and Yoda were all walking down the halls of the Jedi Temple. Yoda floated next to them. Yoda and Windu had filled in Obi-Wan about their meeting with you. A silence had taken over after as they all were deep in thought. Their thoughts were about the Force Chosen and the Chosen One. Obi-Wan was the first to speak on the matter.

"He is not ready to be given this assignment on his own yet." Obi-Wan thought out loud. He was worried about his Padawan going on his first official mission without him.

"The council is confident in its decision, Obi-Wan." Yoda reassured him.

"The boy has exceptional skills." Windu complimented.

"But he still has much to learn, Master." Obi-Wan sighed. "His abilities have made him, well, arrogant."

The three Jedi stopped walking and formed a circle around each other as they continued to talk.

"Yes, yes." Yoda agreed. "A flaw more and more common among Jedi. Hmm. Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older, more experienced ones."

"___ is different though," Obi-Wan started as he turned to Windu. "you have trained her very well. Her abilities are extraordinary. She is very strong in the Force. You can feel it just being in her presence. She is not arrogant either."

"Thank you." Windu said. "While she is not arrogant, she lacks knowing when to put herself first for once. She is very, very selfless and focused on her duties as the Jedi Senator that she forgets to take care of herself. ___ is an ambitious young woman and that can be her flaw sometimes."

"Yes." Yoda agreed. "Always putting others and her duties before herself, ___ has. Ever since she began her training. Clouds her ability to know when to take care of herself it does."

"It is how I knew the meeting with her would go the way it did." Windu added.

"I fear Anakin may be somewhat of a bad influence on ___." Obi-Wan spoke as he slightly shook his head. "It is wise to let them go alone on this mission alone? They are still Padwans after all."

"Or ___ could be a good influence on Anakin." Windu reasoned, having full faith in you. "Remember, Obi-Wan, if the prophecies are true, our apprentices are the only ones who can bring the Force back into balance. And we cannot keep them apart forever, they will eventually serve side by side and act as one unit."

~

"You wanted to see me, Chancellor Palpatine?" you asked as you walked into his office. Your dark brown robe flowing behind you gracefully. You already knew where this meeting was going and you had to let go of your negative feelings on the matter. You were calm and accepted what must be done. You felt Anakin's presence on the other side of Palpatine's closed door. You felt his excitement, most likely because he knew you were in the office. Yet, he was nervous about something. You summed it up to him feeling your negative emotions earlier. Through the Force, you sent him your calm feelings to reassure him that you were fine now.

"Ah, yes, Jedi Senator." Palpatine greeted. He was sitting at his desk and stood as you stood in front of him. "I would like for you to go back to Naboo where you will be safer. This is an executive order."

"What about the vote?" you asked.

"I am sure Senator Amidala can manage just fine. I suggested that Representative Binks take your place as extra support for her." Palpatine said with a smile. "I know this is not what you want, ____. But I assure you it is for your best interest. Think of it as a learning experience. I'm positive you will long become stronger from this. After all, you are one of the most gifted Jedi I have ever met. I see you becoming more powerful than Master Yoda one day."

"Thank you, Chancellor." you said with a nod of your head.

"You must go now, you are expected to leave within the hour." Palpatine said as he smiled at you. He returned to his seat and went back to whatever paperwork was on his desk. You didn't say anything as you turned around and left his office. Anakin was leaning against the wall in front of the door. He immediately stood up as he saw you and smiled brightly at you.

"I suppose you are my escort?" you asked as you smiled back at him.

"That is correct." Anakin replied as he walked back with you to your apartment so you could get ready to leave.

"Good, I much rather have you by my side than anyone else right now." you said honestly. You felt your heart flutter at your words. You and Anakin both smiled after realizing and feeling each other's heart flutter. You let out a sigh and composed yourself. Whatever this feeling was that you get with Anakin, you knew it was wrong. Jedi cannot horber such emotions and feelings and you knew for sure that this feeling was one of those feelings. You need to put a block on these feelings, lock them away. You cleared your throat as you both continued to walk.

Anakin let out a soft laugh as you gave him a questioning look. He shook his head as he dismissed the weird look you had given him. "It's just I realized you copied my outfit. It is exactly like mine."

You looked down and realized that he was right. You were wearing the exact same outfit as him. You let out a laugh of your own. "We just so happen to be wearing the same outfit. It is just a coincidence."

"If you say so." Anakin teased back. Maybe going back to your home planet wasn't a bad idea. After all, you get to spend much needed one-on-one time with Anakin.