Chapter 4: Preggers

The New Directions were in the choir room waiting to get their sheets for our next performance from West Side Story. Rachel seemed happy until she looked at her paper.

      "Excuse me, this isn't the right key." She said to Mr. Schue.

       "No, that's actually the right key." He responded to her while handing me mine. I looked down and frowned a little when I saw I was a jet.

       "This is the alto part."

       "Yep. Tina's doing the solo." I looked over to Tina and smiled at her brightly and she did the same.

       "I-I'm sorry. There must be some sort of mix-up. I thought I made it very clear that anything from West Side Story goes to me." Mr. Shue looked pissed, and I don't blame him, I was too. I see why we give her slushie facials. "Maria is my part. Natalie Wood was a Jew, you know." She turned to us, but Kurt looked like he was about to give her some sass. Quinn just looked up slightly then continued to look back at Finns key. "I've had a very deep, personal connection to the age of one." 

       "How could you even understand them at one?" I said out loud, getting a glare from Rachel and a few laughs from the rest of the group.

       "Well, I'm trying to shake things up a bit, get us out of our boxes." Mr. Shue said to her calmly.

      "You're trying to punish me."

       "I think you're being irrational." They started bickering back and forth.

       "I think you're being unfair."

       "I think you're being unfair to Tina, who might've been happy about getting her first solo."

       "Tina knows how much I respect her, and I think she would agree with me that she's not ready for such an iconic role as Maria." Rachel said, I was already fed up with her and so was Artie, judging by his face from next to Tina.

       "Wait. I'm a jet?" Mercedes asked. I put my hand on her shoulder.

        "So am I. But you would have been a great shark." I said as Rachel stormed out the choir room.

       "The more times she storms out of rehearsal, the less impact it has." Artie said.

     "Congratulations, Tina. This is going well." Me and Mercedes smiled at the girl. That was the happiest I've seen her ever.

------------------------------------------------------------

       I was at my locker putting away my math textbook to exchange for my science when I seen Quinn looking down and practically running through the halls.

       "Quinn?" I said looking at her, but she just grabbed my arm and pulled me into the girls bathroom. "Quinn?" I said again, but softer as she checked to make sure nobody else was in there with us.

       She looked at me with tears in her eyes. I held her in my arms before she could say anything to calm her down a little.

       "What's going on Quinnie?" I asked her, looking in her eyes.

      "I'm pregnant." She muttered out in barely a whisper. I looked at her. Surely she would tell me if her and Finn did something other than grind. I'm her best friend.

      "Is it Finns?" I asked, and she cried harder. "Shit, Quinn, what happened?"

      "Please don't be mad." I looked at her with confusion on my face. "It's Pucks." She finally said.

      "That bastard." I looked down, feeling my eyes start to burn, but ignored it because Quinn needs me. "What are we going to tell Finn?"

      "I already made up something." I nodded and there was silence. "Listen, I was drunk on wine coolers and wasn't in the right place." I stopped her before she said anything else.

      "I'm not mad at you, Quinn. You might have just saved me from losing my virginity." I said giggling a little. "Now come on. We have science and I wanna hear about what we telling Finn." She laughed a little, wiping her eyes and starting telling me the plan.

--------------------------------------------------------------

       The Cheerios are cheering at the football game. We were losing, and I seen Kurt on the bleachers. I pointed him out to Quinn and she told me he was the new kicker. I shrugged it off and kept cheering.

       "Go Titans!" I yelled before a player got tackled. "Ouch." Santana laughed at me and I nudged her to look at Kurt doing some weird dances to warm up. Making her laugh harder.

       We all got confused as they called time out at 1 second left. We still cheered looking forward but stopped when we heard music. The football team were dancing to single ladies. I laughed at Liam really getting into it. A member on the opposite team started dancing as well. When the music stopped, we finally scored and the crowd went wild.

      Kurt was now up to kick. Poor guy was so little and we heard the song play again as he kicked it and scored.

       "We won!" I yelled repeat over and over again with Brit as Quinn was kissing Finn.

       "Hey Rocky!" I turned around after hearing my name get called to see Liam walking to me with Mike Chang. "This is Mike. He wants to ask you something." He said before running off after winking at me.

       "Hey." I said to him smiling. Even though I'm a co-captain of the Cheerios nobody comes up to me much so I'm a little surprised.

       "Hey, I'm Mike Chang. I know you might not know who I am, but I've known who you were for a while now and I was wondering if you would like to go out sometime?" He looked a nervous, but it was kinda cute. All my thoughts about Puck went away as I focused on the cute boy in front of me.

       "Tomorrow at 7. Breadsticks." I told him before heading to the showers. I looked back to see him putting his fist up in the air, celebrating. I just shook my head with the biggest smile.