Chapter 20: Theatricality

I started helping Julian with his singing. To be honest, I don't think he needs much help. He is an amazing singer already. I told him he should join The New Directions now, but he still wants to live out his freshman year without being slushied.

      I walked into the choir room, confused seeing Tina. Well, not Tina. I sat down next to Quinn, looking at her same as everyone else. They were talking about how this look "Isn't who she is" and I could see that.

      "Guys! we have a serious problem!" Rachel ran into the room. "I've been doing some deep background on Vocal Adrenaline."

      "Isn't that against the rules?" Artie said.

      "No, not at all. Or probably. Whatever." I looked at my friend with a raised eyebrow. "Anyway, what I figured out, I rooted through the dumpsters behind the Carmel auditorium and I found 18 empty boxes of Christmas lights."

      "Oh, no." Tina said in disbelief. Which made me more confused.

      "Which led me to Joelle Fabrics. I asked them about red Chantilly lace, and they were sold out!"

      "W-W-What?" Mr. Schue responded to the scared faces. I was just as confused seeing my brother with the same face.

      "They're doing Gaga." Kurt spoke.

      "That's it. It's over." Mercedes said.

     "Exactly!" Rachel crossed her arms. I rolled my eyes. Dramatic much?

      "We should have guessed it. They're going for full-out theatricality. They know it's the easiest way to beat us. Damn them!" I turned around and put my hand on Kurts knee and gave him a reassuring smile, which he returned, still nervous.

      "What's up with this Gaga dude? He just, like, dresses weird, right? Like Bowie?" I shook my head at Puck.

      "Lady Gaga is a woman! She's only the biggest pop act to come along in decades. She's boundary-pushing. The most theatrical performer of our generation. She changes her look faster than Britt changes sexual partners." Kurt blurted out so quickly I can barley catch up.

      "That's true." Brittany you wasn't supposed to agree with that. I sighed.

      "It makes sense that Vocal Adrenaline would pay homage. It's a brilliant move. She's a perfect fit for them." Artie spoke as we gave him nods.

      "Now hold on a second. We might be able to kill Two birds with one stone here." We looked at our teacher, intrigued. "We can help Tina find a new look and find a competitive number for regionals. This week, your assignment: Gaga."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      I was already preparing my gaga outfit along with Joshua. I am working on the blue outfit from her Poker Face music video. It symbolises that I hide my true feelings away and put and a smile to pretend I'm okay. After all, poker face means and impassive expression to hide one's true feelings.

      Joshua went with the red cloak outfit but one that fits a male body better. Kind of reminds me of Little Red Riding Hood. Which he is sweet and a little oblivious. He made it a red skirt that goes about 3 inches above his knee and used a black version of the tights, with some nice red heeled boots that goes mid calve.

      Julian walked past the open door but backed up and walked inside, confused.

       "Do I wanna know?"

       "Glee." We answered at the same time.

       "Okay?" He walked back out, going downstairs.