Chapter 18: Laryngitis

"Gonna lay there all day?" I walked up to the dumpster where Puck laying. He finally hopped out when he heard Mercedes vocalizing with Brit and a few other Cheerios. "Last time I check on you." I said as he walked off.

       I rolled my eyes and walked off to find Liam and Quinn. After looking for 5 minutes, I finally found them sitting in our first class. 

       "You guys are 10 minutes early." I said, walking in. Liam shrugged. 

       "I wish you guys were here during summer." Quinn said to us sadly with a few tears in her eyes. Is her hormones that bad she is going to cry about me leaving for 3 months?

       "Trust me, I wish I could stay too."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

       "I am very disappointed in you guys." Mr. Schue stood in front of us with his hands on his hips.

      "Can't believe you narced on us." Finn told Rachel.

      "Don't get mad at me for exposing your laziness. I'm tired of carrying all of your weight. Regionals is in a month, guys."

       "I'm just trying to understand what's going on here. Finn, why did you stop singing?"

       "'Cause you started giving all the male leads to Jessie. It kind of shook my confidence, you know?" Santana sighed.

       "What difference does it make? Everyone knows that my job here is to look hot."

       "My baby hormones are making me moody."

       "There are so many lyrics." Brittany said, making me pat her back.

       "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. A glee club is about a myriad of voices coming together as one. All right? This ends now. Which is why your assignment for the week is for each of you to come up with a song that best represents how you see yourself, where you are in your lives right now. Your voice. Then, you're going to stand up here and sing your hearts out. All of you." Mr. Schue said.

       "Solos? In front of everyone?" Kurt asked.

       "The Glee Club has lost its voice. It's time for us to get it back."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

      Finn is singing Jessie's Girl in front of the class. Which was obviously towards Rachel, who is dating Jesse.

       I don't think Rachel likes it.

       "Now that is the kind of soul-exposing son I was talking about. We should all be inspired by Finn's bravery. Good job, buddy."

       Uh, Mr. Schue, can I sing my song now?" Puck asked.

        "Yeah. Just go for it, Puck."

       Puck got up and opened the door for the Jazz band to come in.

       "What are they doing here?" Mercedes questioned him.

       "I invited my brothers from the jazz band and their righteous horns to help me out with my song. Since I shaved my Mohawk, I started seeing things differently. Last week I joined a black church, and I recently downloaded every song Sammy Davis Jr every recorded on iTunes."

       Mercedes rolled her eyes.

      "He was a black Jew, you know. And my inspiration. So, without further ado, I give you one of Sammy's biggest hits."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

       Me and Quinn waited for Mercedes to arrive at her locker. Mercedes turned the corner and looked at us.

       "Look, Quinn, I could never see myself being into a guy like Puck, especially since he's your baby's daddy, but something just happened between us." SHe looked down and Quinn smiled at her.

      "I say... go for it. Look, I screwed up by letting Puck get me pregnant. He's an idiot, and his mother won't let me eat bacon. I'm stuck living with him right now, but at least, if you guys are dating, I won't have to spend so much time listening to his insane theories on how Super Mario Brothers changed civilization. But you do realize he's using you and your popularity so he won't get tossed in a Dumpster." Mercedes smiled.

      "I know he's using me, but in a way, it's even better. I'm not you. I've never had a guy like me for anything, but now I'm such a steaming mug of hot chocolate that one of the studliest guys in school wants to use me to harvest some mojo."

       "We just don't want you getting hurt." I told her.

       "I know what this is. My heart's safe."

      "Oh, we aren't worried about your heart. We might be okay with this, but not even Puck is going to be able to call off Santana." Quinn nodded as Mercedes looked down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

       "Mercedes!" I jogged to her after her performance with Santana in Glee club. She turned around, disappointed in herself.

      "I don't even know why I'm fighting over Puck. It's just stupid." She sighed.

       "What caused it?" I raised my eyebrows.

      "Santana smiled at him and he smiled back." She laughed, and I laughed back.

        "Hey jealousy is common. Don't feel bad." I patted her shoulder and went to find Julian.

       I found him a few minutes later, walking away from his locker.

       "Hey?" He said to me questioning me talking to him.

       "Does dad know I'm coming to LA?" He shook his head.

       "I don't think anyone told him." He looked down. "He probably only wants to see Josh, anyway."

       "Huh?" I looked at him.

        "He was only going to send me to live with mom but Josh didn't want to be there without one of us." I nodded. It sounds like him.

        "Speaking of Joshua, where is he? I wanna go home."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finn: "Did I disappoint you? Or leave a bad taste in your mouth? You act like you never had love and you want me to go without."

Rachel and Finn: "Well, it's too late, tonight. To drag the past out into the light. We're one, but we're not the same. We get to carry each other, carry each other. One."

Mercedes: "Yeah, yeah, yeah. One"

New Directions: "Love is a temple, love is a higher law. Love is a temple, love is a higher law."

Rachel: "You ask for me to enter, but then you make me crawl."

New Directions: "And I can't be holding on to what you got. When all you got is hurt. One love. One blood. One life, you got to do what you should. One life with each other."

New Directions : "Sisters and my brothers."

Rachel and Finn: "One life but we're not the same We get to carry each other. Carry each other."

New Directions : "One..."