Chapter 9: Wheels

"Why didn't Ian join Glee?" I asked Liam. I picked him up from his house early today so we can get breakfast from Mc. Donalds.

       "He didn't want to be known as a loser in his first year. But he's thinking about joining next year, though." He said yawning.

        "Dude, how much sleep you get last night? You need some coffee." I said pulling into the drive thru. Which was had a long line.

        "Like an hour." I glared at him. "Hey don't give me that look Gabs." I rolled my eyes at my first name. My parents named me Gabriella Celine. Gabriella because it sounded like a fashionista or a princess. Celine after Celine Dion. They met each other at a concert in 1995 and had a fling until I was born. Before and during the pregnancy she was a teacher for his bands because she could sing.

        Before I could say anything I jumped because of an impatient costumer in from of us, honking. Well, I don't need coffee now, but I still want it.

        "Let me guess another math test?" He shook his head.

        "Nope. Science and I was also texting Brittany." He said smiling like a goof and I laughed.

        "Are you two a thing?" He shook his head.

        "Just talking." He said as it was our turn to order. "Usual." He said.

       "Two large coffees and 2 Egg and Sausage McMuffins please." I told them and paid for our order and we headed to school.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

       "All right, guys. We're doing a new number for Sectionals. I know that pop songs have sort of been our signature pieces, but I did a little research on past winners, and it turns out that the judges like songs that are more accessible. Stuff they know. Uh, standards. Broadway." Mr. Schue said, handing us the keys to Defying Gravity.

        "'Defying Gravity'? I Have an iPod shuffle dedicated exclusively to selections from Wicked. This is amazing." Kurt said happily.

       "Think you can handle it, Rachel?"

       "It's my go-to shower song. It's also my ringtone." Rachel said and I can confirm that last part.

       "Why do we have to go all vanilla on this song? See, what we need is my chocolate thunder." Mercedes said as some of us agreed.

       "Okay, we don't have time to rearrange a song for you, Mercedes. Rachel is singing it. Don't worry, we'll find something for you to dip in chocolate." He said making us laugh. "On to item two. The school won't pay for the special bus we need to take Artie and his wheelchair with us to Sectionals."

        "W-w-what?!" Tina said, followed by Rachel.

         "That's completely unfair."

        "So we're going to have to raise money to pay for it ourselves. See, when I was in Glee Club, and we needed new silk cummerbunds for Regionals, we held a bake sale."

       "You're joking, right? I mean, bake sales are kind of bougie." Santana said, not wanting to do it.

       "So hip people stopped eating delicious sugary treats?"

       "It's not that. It's most of us don't know how to bake. I find recipes confusing." Britt spoke.

       "My family is fully committed to takeout." Then how is Rachel so skinny?

       "Yeah, Mr. Schue, kids are busier than when you went here. We've got homework and football and teen pregnancy, lunch." Finn said.

        "Can't Artie's dad just take him?" I gave Mercedes a death glare for that question.