Chapter 6: Vitamin D

"Five, six, seven, eight. Step, turn, out, in ball-change, step ball-change step. You, you, you, you. And ba-ba-ba. Turn.." Mr. Schue told us as we tried to keep up with the choreography. "Come on, guys, you're sleepwalking on me here. Give me some energy. We got sectionals in two weeks." He said not pleased with us.

       "Please, Sectionals is going to be a breeze." Mercedes said, and I gave her a high five agreeing.

       "Maybe so. But if we coast through sectionals, we're gonna get killed at Regionals. We have got to be on our game." He finished as Kurt busted out laughing and everyone looked at him confused.

       "Sorry. Funny YouTube. It's a grape stomping one. He showed us his phone, and I walked over and laughed with him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

       Mike and I were dancing in the choir room before anyone even came in. He was showing me some of his moves and helping me with mine. We have only been dating for a few days now but boy has it been fun.

       "Like this." He said to me doing a triple pirouette. I laughed at him as he did it. He looked so happy and it was adorable. I nodded and did exactly what he did. I did it perfectly and jumped up and down excitedly. Maybe I can do that for sectionals or something.

       "Nice moves girl." Mercedes said walking into the room with Kurt and Tina as they clapped for me.

      I did a little bow and we all laughed Then got into our normal places while our teacher came into the room.

      "Competition." He spoke walking over to a board. "Every one of these people or elements was a champion in their own right. But they used competing with each other to make themselves even better." I looked at the board, confused about the pool.

      "I don't understand how lightning is in competition with an above-ground swimming pool." Kurt spoke, trying to figure it out.

       "Just go with it." Mr. Schue said, continuing his speech. "You guys have become complacent. You were great at the invitational, but you got to up your game if you want to get through Sectionals. Okay, split up." Guys on the left, side, girls on the right side." Me and Mike looked at each other confused. "Let's go, come on." He told us as we walked to our sides and Mike waved at me goodbye like we weren't seeing each other again. I waved back and giggled at his frowning face.

       I noticed Kurt trying to get to our side to get away from the football team.

       "Kurt." Mr. Schue said, making Kurt stop and look at him. He nodded to the boy's side, and he went back. "Here's the deal. Two teams. Boys versus girls. One week from today you will each perform a mash-up of your choice." He said as they Unholy Foursome smiled at each other.

      "What's a mash-up?" Puck asked.

       "A mash-up is when you take two songs and mash them together to make an even richer explosion of musical expression. Boys will perform on Tuesday, girls the next day. I want you guys to go all out, okay, costumes, choreography." Rachel looked like she was going to burst out of happiness. Finn however looked like a zombie. "Whoever wins the competition gets to choose the number that we do for Sectionals.

       "Wait, who's going to be the judge. Your gender makes you biased." Rachel said to him.

       "There is going to be a celebrity judge." He said walking around the room.

       "Wh-who?" Tina asked him as Mercedes smiled back and forth at them.

       "Oh, you're going to have to show up to find out."