Chapter 8: Mash-up

"This is a disaster. Our reputation as McKinley High's 'it' couple is in serious jeopardy if we don't find some way to be cool again, Finn." Quinn said, wiping off the slushy that Karofsky threw in his face. We all watched them, feeling sorry.

       "The slushy war has commenced." Kurt said, making me giggle from beside Rachel.

       "And if Finn and Quinn got nailed, none of us are safe." Mercedes said as I looked at her wide eyed, realizing it's true. Hope I don't get one anytime soon.

       "Okay, guys, we're a little behind for Sectionals thanks to our Sue Sylvester detour, but you guys seem to really enjoy doing mash-ups, right? And I'm going to keep you guys fired up." Mr. Schue said as everyone took their seats, listening. "Plus, there's an important lesson to be learned with mash-ups. Sometimes things are so different, they don't feel like they go together." I looked at Mike with sad eyes. We had gotten into a big argument which lead to a terrible breakup, that I was not over. Rachel rubbed my arm up and down for comfort as we listened to our teacher. "But the big difference between them is what makes them great, like.. chocolate and bacon."

       "Or Glee Club and football." Finn spoke.

       "Exactly. But you've proven that is a great combination. So, here is my personal favorite song, and your homework for the week is to find an unexpected mash-up to go with it."

       "'Bust a Move'?" Kurt asked him looking at the sheet.

       "Yeah, this song is old school." Mercedes said and Liam nodded with her.

      "All right, um, Artie?"

       "Yeah?"

       "Try to follow along on the bass. Finn, take us through it."

       "Uh, I'm sorry, Mr. Schuester. I got corn syrup in my eye." Finn said with Quinn trying to clean it off.

       "Okay, uh, Puck, how about it?"

       "I don't really groove on Young MC."

       "Liam?"

       "I'm more of a slow love song type."

       "I am shocked at the lack leading-man ambition in this room right now." Rachel said shaking her head at the boys.

       "It's okay, Rachel. I guess I'm gonna have to show these guys how it's done." Mr. Schue said getting ready.

Mr. Schue: "Bust it! This here's a tale for all the fellas trying to do what those ladies tell us. Get shot down 'cause you're overzealous? Play hard to get, females get jealous. Okay, smart, go to a party. Girls are scantily clad and show a body. A chick walks by, you wish you could sex her but you're standing on the wall like you was Poindexter"

       He twirled Quinn around. Was I the only one to feel that was weird? I guess so. I looked around, seeing everyone happy. 

Mr. Schue w/(Unholy Foursome): "Movie show and so you're going. Gould care less about the five you're blowin'. Theater gets dark just to start the show and then you spot a fine woman sitting in your row. (Uh) She's dressed in yellow, she says, 'Hello come sit next to me you fine fellow. (Uh) You run over there without a second to lose and what comes next? Hey, bust a move."

       He sang as it was the Unholy Foursomes turn. 

Unholy Foursome (New Direction boys): " You want it, you got it, uh. You want it, baby, you got it. (Just bust a move!) You want it, you got it, uh. You want it, baby, you got it.