Chapter 16: Home

"Um, all right, I have one final announcement before we all leave. We can't use the auditorium for the next week." Mr. Schue told us and I looked down, knowing damn well Sue padlocked it so only cheerios can use it.

       "But that's garbage. How are we supposed to practice for Regionals without the auditorium?" Finn spoke, confused and upset.

       "The Cheerios need it to practice in. There's nothing I can do." Rachel stood up.

       "I recommend a sit-in."

       "I recommend we torch the place."

       "Great idea Puckerman. Then nobody can have an auditorium and we all get arrested." I told him with a glare, making him roll his eyes.

       "No. Look, we've all faced adversity before, and we've come out stronger on the other end. I'm going to check out a few off-site locations for us to use, just for the week. I promise I'll find us a new home. Have a good day, guys." He finished as the bell rang. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

       "Hey, Big Sis." Joshua sat down next to me during lunch.

       "Hey." I said to him looking confused as to why he had music sheet in front on him.

      "I need your help."

----------------------------------------------

        "Hello, I'm Joshua Rocque and I want to audition for Glee Club." I stood next to my brother as he spoke to the New Directions.

       "He came to me." I said before anyone questioned it I made him. Mr. Schue sat down.

       "Let's see what you got." I followed Mr Schue and sat down next to Quinn.

       Joshua: "Birds flying high, you know how I feel. Sun in the sky, you know how I feel. Breeze dritin' on by, you know how I feel."

      I look at my brother, smiling like the proud sister I am. I also looked around, seeing other people smiling even Rachel had a bit of a grin.

       Joshua: "It's a new dawn. It's a new day. It's a new life. For me.  And I'm Feeling Good."

       The New Directions clapped for my younger brother as he continued with the song. 

       Joshua: "Fish in the sea, you know how I feel. River running free, you know how I feel. Blossom on a tree, you know how I feel. It's a new dawn. It's a new day. It' s and new life. For me. And I'm Feeling Good. Dragonfly out in the sun you know what I mean, don't you know. Butterflies all havin' fun you know what I mean. Sleep in peace when day is done. That's what I mean. And this old worls is and new world and a bold world for me. For Me."

       I looked over at Kurt to see him looking at my brother with googly eyes. Joshua took off his jacket and threw it to him.

       Joshua: "Stars when you shine, you know how I feel. Scent of the pine, you know how I feel. Oh, freedom is mine, and i know how I feel. it's A new dawn. It's a new day. It's a new life. It's a new dawn. It's a new day. It's a new life. It's A New Dawn. It's A New Day. It's A New Life. It's A New Life. FOR ME. And I'm Feeling Good. I'm Feeling Good."

      Good to say my brother was now in the New Directions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------