Gaibotsu Games: Ascension Chapter 25 - Family Ties

Zero walked into the Akujin Palace, dragging the unconscious Ryutaro with him. He walked into the cell room, opening up the cell and throwing Ryutaro's body in there. Hikari and Reo quickly caught him, and were somewhat pissed. Jinguji and Tenku were also in the room.

Reo: "Oh no..."

Hikari: "Ryutaro!"

Tenku: "Nice job, buddy! You managed to capture this sorry excuse for a brother. Now that he is out of the way, all that's left is Balta."

As Balta was mentioned, Kuromu came storming into the cell room, sighing in anger. Jinguji looked at him with curiosity.

Jinguji: "Did you manage to find Balta?"

Kuromu: "I looked everywhere, couldn't find the bastard."

Jinguji: "Zero, did you see Balta on your trip?"

Zero: "What the hell does it matter?" He said angrily.

Tenku: "Well, we have Ryutaro, he was practically the main threat. I can only imagine that Balta is nothing but a bug at this point that we shouldn't even bother messing with because he isn't worth our time."

Jinguji: "Hmmm... I suppose that's fair."

Zero walked into the main room, with Tenku following. Jinguji chuckled, and then commanded Kuromu to stay put and guard the cell. Jinguji then followed Zero and Tenku into the main room.

Hikari: "Kuromu, please, snap out of it! Let us go!"

Kuromu: "Just shut up, weakling..."

Zero went into the main room and sat on his throne, sighing as he looked at Shinigami's Gaibotsu capsule. He smiled in triumph, finally getting the feeling of superiority he had wanted for so many years. Tenku leaned on the wall, proud of his friend.

Jinguji: "Well Zero... I guess now would be a good time to show you this..."

Zero: "Hmmm?"

Jinguji walked up to Zero, taking out a small metal box and presenting it to the Akujin's leader. Zero, not really knowing what was going on, opened the box and took a look inside. Most of the contents were photos, and Zero took out the first one. He got a good look at it, and instantly recognized something.

Zero: "That's..."

Jinguji: "Indeed. It is your mother... Shibahara Mio, alongside your father, Tatsumi Ryusei. I remember that night back in late 1993... I took the picture after all."

Zero: "She looks so happy..."

Zero looked at the photo for a good few minutes, nearly about to cry. He remembered the time he was in the hospital, watching his mother pass away. Zero then looked at the other photos. It was with Ryusei, and another woman.

Zero: "Who the hell is this?"

Jinguji: "Sumeragi Sumire, Ryutaro's mother..."

Zero: "Hmph... what a weak-looking woman. I don't know why my father would leave my mother for this skank..."

Jinguji: "Zero... do you know why I formed the Akujin?"

Zero: "Why did you?"

Jinguji: "In case the Demolisher plan ever failed, I secretly had a backup plan of my own. I knew that after Ryusei had descendants thanks to Mio and Sumire... so after the Demolishers downfall, I hunted both you and Ryutaro down... but it seems you're the only one that is really worth it."