Gaibotsu Games: Ascension Chapter 35 - Back from Hell

It had been two days since Valiant Zennyo had evolved into Emperor Zennyo, and Ryutaro was still getting used to the new power. To help with training, Hajime was called over. Once he heard the news, he immediately got to work.

Vishap and Zennyo were busy battling in the parallel void, their heads all clashed and the dragons both roared at one another. Vishap slashed Zennyo's chest, and Zennyo retaliated by ramming the dragon into the ground.

Hajime: "Ryutaro, do you know what could have triggered the evolution?"

Ryutaro: "Sadly I'm not so sure. Although... I feel like it might have something to do with Zero..."

Hajime: "Huh...?"

Ryutaro: "I remember talking to him in this strange place... it was just a vast void of nothingness. He was there with me, and we talked... I'm not sure if it was just a dream, or if it was even real."

Hajime: "I figured you'd reply with something like that... so the Akujin really are still around? Hmph, Jinguji just never gives up..."

Ryutaro: "Hajime... I have a question..."

Hajime: "What is it?"

Ryutaro: "I know that even though I am Ryusei's son... you view me as a great friend. But... what about Zero? He's also Ryusei's son, but he's on a different path... do you want to destroy him?"

Hajime: "Why do you ask that?"

Ryutaro: "It's just that... you haven't really said anything about Zero, and that sort of makes me wonder if you think he deserves to live at all. He's my brother, and I really want him to change..."

Hajime: "You can relax, Ryutaro. I have no interest in destroying Zero. He... he really reminds me a lot of Ikkou in a way. Hopefully us dragon gene users can change Zero's ways... the real menace is Jinguji."

Ryutaro: "Oh, alright then, thanks Hajime!"

Reo and the Ohtori twins were all having a friendly sparring match outside. Kuromu went in to kick Reo, but he quickly dodged. Hikari then went in to punch, but Reo grabbed her fist. He then pushed his little cousins back, and dusted off his hands.

Reo: "Not bad at all!"

Kuromu: "Heh, you're pretty good, Reo."

Hikari went in and managed to punch Reo in the chest, but it wasn't too hard. Reo went in to strike, but Hikari grabbed his leg. Kuromu then ran in and kicked Reo with a force of dark energy. Reo stumbled back, falling to the ground and chuckling. Kuromu and Hikari helped their cousin up, and they all smiled.

Kuromu: "This adamant stuff is pretty cool, not sure why we haven't used it more."

Hikari: "I don't know, but hey, it can be really helpful in the future."

Reo: "I've known about it a lot... and I use it sometimes."

Kuromu: "I'm sure my darkness will become stronger than any of you, hehe."

Hikari: "C'mon Kuromu, don't make us knock some sense into you a second time."

Kuromu: "Relax, I was kidding."

Reo: "I have no doubt that you two will surpass me. In fact, I already think you two could be stronger than me right now."

Hikari: "Really?"