Gaibotsu Games: Ascension Chapter 36 - Tenku's Threat

Zero, Jinugji, and Tenku had all just found out that Yamadera had died and Balta is apparently still alive and well. This practically frustrated Zero, and a black aura began to form over him. It was a sign of his anger and frustration, wanting to desperately unleash it onto Ryutaro and the others.

Tenku: "Zero..."

Zero: "I'm fine, Tenku..."

Tenku: "Alright then..."

Jinguji: "He is getting stronger, and that is a good sign, of course. Just wait, in a day or two, he'll be ready."

Zero and Jinguji then sensed something nearby, thanks to the dragon gene. They looked at the hill behind them, seeing someone up there. It was Ichimonji Hajime, who had found them. Jinguji scoffed, but Zero told him to stand down.

Zero: "That's Ichimonji Hajime, correct?"

Jinguji: "Indeed."

Zero: "I'll deal with it."

Hajime: "I know who you are, Shibahara Zero. The first son of Tatsumi Ryusei, and older brother of Ryutaro."

Zero scoffed, jumping up and landing in front of Hajime. He looked at him, with nothing but pure darkness and death in his eyes. Even Hajime was a bit unsettled, but he retained his courage.

Zero: "Ryutaro... is not my brother!"

Hajime: "Zero... you and I both know that it doesn't have to go the violent route."

Zero: "It doesn't...? You must be joking..."

Hajime: "I'm not. Even though he's Ryusei's son, I still believed in Ryutaro until the very end. But I think I've been a bit unfair, and I want to give you a chance as well..."

Zero: "Grr... what is wrong with you people?"

Hajime: "Huh?"

Zero: "So far the only thing you people have said to me is how I'm regarded as nothing more than Ryusei's son! It's always just 'son of Ryusei' or 'Ryusei's kid', I'm sick of it! My name... is Zero... and even though I bear his dragon gene, I have no intention of being like my father!"

Hajime: "Really?"

Zero: "No shit! I plan on... taking over the Gaibotsu world... in my own damn way! Shinigami has finally evolved... it will become the ultimate killing machine... and I am his master!"

Hajime: "Zero, you don't need to do this. You'll only be hurting dozens of people, maybe thousands. You know what happened last time, the entire city was nearly destroyed!"

Zero: "And do I care? No... I don't! All I care about is succeeding, and you need to do whatever it takes! Who gives a damn if people are dying? I don't know them, so I don't give a shit!"

Hajime: "You say you don't want to be like your father... but you're just like him, a heartless monster..."

Zero: "Don't... compare me... to him!"

Out of anger, Zero kicked Hajime several meters back. Hajime was sent back, hitting a tree and letting off a scream of agony. Zero then jumped in the air and was about to punch Hajime, but he quickly moved aside. Zero looked at Hajime, getting more pissed off.

Hajime: "Zero, please calm down, you're not controlling the power, it's controlling you!"

Zero: "Shut up!"