Gaibotsu Games: Ascension Chapter 23 - Wrath and Pride

Hikari was unconscious and was sitting in a massive jail cell deep under the Akujin Palace. Kuromu was outside of her cell, looking at her as he was covered in an aura of darkness. He laughed sadistically.

Kuromu: "Hope you're having a nice sleep, Hikari..."

After a few seconds, Jinguji and Tenku stepped into the cell room, looking rather impressed.

Jinguji: "Well done my son..."

Kuromu: "Thank you, Jinguji-san."

Jinguji: "Now that we have Hikari, there are only two left for you to capture. Shishido Reo... and Shiroyama Balta..."

Tenku: "If he's going after them, then what about Sumeragi Ryutaro?"

Jinguji: "Zero will deal with Ryutaro and capture him personally. He and Shinigami are nearly ready. But before we do that we must take care of those we aforementioned."

Tenku: "So Kuromu, you'll finally get back at that cousin of yours."

Kuromu: "Reo... I can't wait to destroy him..."

Jinguji: "Just be sure to bring him back alive."

Kuromu nodded and left the cell room, leaving Jinguji and Tenku to talk. Tenku chuckled as he looked at Jinguji, while Jinguji looked at Tenku with confusion.

Jinguji: "Is there a joke I missed?"

Tenku: "I see right through you, Jinguji! Once Kuromu has lived out his usefulness, you plan on quickly disposing of him, right?"

Jinguji: "Of course not..."

Tenku: "Wait what?!"

Jinguji: "Is there a problem with that?"

Tenku: "The way I see it, Kuromu is very expendable, he's a waste of space."

Jinguji: "I worked hard to turn him to our side and I'm not letting my work go to waste. He has now become a strong member of the Akujin, perhaps even stronger than you, Tenku."

Tenku: "Hmph, whatever..."

Meanwhile at Ohtori Smoothies, Eriko was reporting the cases of her missing children to the local police. She seemed very worried, and was telling the police as much as she could. Ryutaro and Balta were sitting at a table, watching.

Balta: "Wow... she really does care, doesn't she?"

Ryutaro: "Yeah... can't believe Hikari is missing as well now..."

Balta: "Wait, didn't you say Atsushi was looking with you guys? Do you know where Atsushi is?!"

Ryutaro: "Uh oh... oh no, I didn't think of that!"

Balta: "Alright just calm down, he's probably fine, after everything he's been through he just has to be."

Eriko: "Thank you officers."

The officers soon left and not long after that, Eriko sat on a stool and began mourning. Ryutaro went up to comfort her in this time of need, things were really looking slim.

Ryutaro: "It's alright Ohtori-san, I'm sure they'll find Hikari and Kuromu!"

Eriko: "I hope so... I really hope nothing bad has happened to them..."