Chapter 22

It was the worst possible time for Kim Taehyung to appear. He could've chosen any time at school but he chose now. In front of his mother.

'So, you must know each other pretty well if he gave you a ride home,'

'Actually, Mina lives very nearby. Like VERY nearby,' Taehyung explained.

'Mina...where have I heard that name? Have we met before? You look familiar,' she asked, confused.

'I don't know. I was raised in Seoul but I traveled around Korea until I came back a while ago,' I explained.

'Oh. Well, please, come in for breakfast. What are you doing so early in the morning? It's very dangerous for such a pretty little girl to walk the streets alone. Where are your parents?' She rambled, leading me through the door.

'No, no. I don't want to bother you guys. I have to get back, anyways and prepare for school,' I tried to make an excuse.

'It's not a bother, mum. The boys love her,' Tae said, 'because she kicked Kookie's ass yesterday,'

'Really?' She asked, shocked, 'You must have guts,'

I blushed.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps.

'MINA!!!!!' The boys came running.

'See mum? What did I say? They love her,' Tae smirked.

They ran up to me and gave me a great hug, practically choking me.

'Ok, ok. Don't kill her. I'll go make breakfast,' Tae's mother rolled her eyes, making her way towards the kitchen.

Just as she left, the boys turned to me.

'What?' I asked, cautious of their motives.

Suddenly, Taehyung lifted me up and carried me upstairs, running.

'What the hell are you guys doing?' I yelled.

'Making sure you don't do anything stupid,' Hoseok shouted back, laughing.

They took me to a room where they sat me down on a chair, the lights around us, turned off.

'Is this supposed to be an intervention? Just so you know, this is not at all, scary,' I shot.

The hyungs rolled their eyes.

'Ok ok, Mina,' Yoongi started.

'Yes?' I replied, my voice loaded with sarcasm.

They rolled their eyes again.

'How did you find out where we live?' Jin asked.

'I...um,' I stuttered.

They raised their eyebrows.

'Because...I... I am very... umm...good.... I am very good at...,' I continued. I felt like I had a frog in my throat.

'Well?' They rushed.

My mind started to panic. What to do? What to do? Arrrghhh!!!!!

'I am very good at... GETTING WHAT I WANT,' I thought, hoping that it would buy me some time to think about my answer.

'What does that mean?' Taehyung asked.

'You tell me,'

I crossed my arms.

This is a professional at work.

They exchanged looks.

'Well, it was Taehyung's fault so ...' Kook backed out.

The others followed in his footsteps.

'Wait, me. What did I do?' Tae exclaimed.

'Well, if you didn't have a massive cru-,'

'Yeah, ok, I get it,' he cut off.

He turned to me.

'What do you want?' He asked me, crouching down so we were eye level.

Wait. Anything? No, I couldn't. What do I want most? Him. What? No! I want my freedom. I want to leave this world and live in peace without bullies or a bounty on my head.

'I want to leave,'