Chapter 20

I blew the candle right in her face. She stumbled backwards, coughing. There was a cliff right next to her.

My eyes widened.

'Mum! No! Hold still!' I yelled out.

But she couldn't hear me.

I ran towards her.

Her leg was slipping off the edge and then... I froze.

It was as if I was paralyzed or being held in place. I couldn't move or run out to her. To save her.

She was slipping and half her body was dangling off the edge of the cliff. She looked at me with her identical eyes, full of tears.

Just as I broke free of the barrier, I saw her hand slip.

And there she fell.

Like a graceful swan.

Like an angel from Heaven.

I froze, my vision blurred from tears. I didn't hear the pair of footsteps coming from behind me.

'This is all your fault,' it said.

I looked up to see my father and my friends who were also crying. Then, as if he was possessed, my father walked up to me and looked at me.

'This is all your fault,' he repeated, his eyes full of disgust.

My tears flooded through my clothes as the scenario changed. It was back to the birthday happiness. Everyone was happy as if that didn't just happen.

My father put a blindfold around my eyes and handed me a bat for the pinata.

I swung the bat. I felt it make contact with the pinata so I kept hitting it.

Suddenly, a pair of hands wrapped around me, pulling me away. I pulled off the blindfold.

I gasped.

There was no pinata.

That was my mother.

Blood was streaming from her nose, lips and forehead. I ran to her, begging for forgiveness. But she never heard me.

The dark shadow appeared again.

'This is all your fault,'

It had happened again. Me, killing my mother. Me, ruining the happiness of my family and friends. Me, ruining my own love.

Then it repeated. I cut open my mother's head instead of a cake. Instead of tearing wrapping paper, I pulled off her organs. Rather than hugging a new teddy bear, I strangled her instead. And it goes on and on.

It all ended with her dead, limp body in my hands and the everlasting shadow of pity that made me what I am today.

A sinner.

A/N:

First of all, wtf is wrong with me? I finished watching Kuroko's Basketball and Assassination Classroom in 10 days which is 75 + 47 episodes which is like...

a 1000? (jkjk istg im not that stupid... or am i?)

After an exhausting day, I always want to sleep but my good ol' friend, crippling depression and his significant other, insomnia, just wanna f with me.

Arrrghhh, whatever.