Chapter 8

Taehyung's POV

While most of the girls were surrounding us, I noticed that a large amount was missing so I figured that it would be easier to slip away and maybe find Mina.

But then, I saw her.

She was being bullied.

She was hurt.

I quickly ran up to stop the fight. My friends also heard the commotion.

'Hey, what's going on?'

'What are you guys doing to her?'

I saw Mina looking at me with her beautiful brown eyes. I may have only met her but, in my heart, she seemed familiar to me. So I helped her.

My brothers looked at me with pride.

I walked over to Mina, pushing the other girls aside.

I crouched down and asked, 'Are you okay?'

She looked at me with her eyes. It felt like years until she nodded, shaking.

Her cheeks were bleeding and she had bruises everywhere. Was this how the gunshot...?

She tried to stand up but she slipped in a small pile of her own blood. I offered her help.

She seemed very reluctant but I insisted.

'Come on. I won't hurt you,'

But she was still unsure.

Giving up, I picked her up and carried her to the nurse's office. It felt good. To have her so close to me. I could hear her heart beating and I looked down at her. Her lashes were decorated with tears and her lips were bleeding. I didn't want to see her like this.

Once we reached the nurse's office, I set her down on the bed and watched her. She seemed so different from earlier this morning. She was confident and slightly annoying but now she was painfully shy, hurt and broken.

After an awkward moment, she walked off the bed, limping and sat next to me.

I looked over at her. She seemed very uncomfortable.

'Thank you,'

She was quiet and so innocent.

'Don't worry. I hate bullies just as much as you do,' I replied, winking.

She looked at me weirdly.

Crap. That wink was weird. Oh no. She thinks I'm a pervert. Damm it. I looked really weird. Ahhh!!!!!

But instead of making a disgusted face, she smiled. It was gentle, not overwhelming but it still made butterflies in my stomach.

I smiled back.

'One day, I'll pay you back,'

'There's no need. Just be careful or come hang out with me. You seem to not have many friends so I'll help you,'

She considered it for a minute before smiling again. That smile. I feel like that's something worth risking. Why do I feel like I would do anything to see it?

Suddenly, the nurse came in and ushered me out. I left her with a weird sensation in my heart.

What is this feeling?