Chapter 16

They studied my expression, trying to figure out my answer. I sighed and looked over at them.

I was still thinking about my situation. When I was born, my mother made my father promise that no one would be allowed to touch me unless I said so. Even though he hated me, he loved my mother so he agreed. At least, I think so. I was still slightly abused but that was because I let him. I was touched here and there but it was mostly verbal abuse. I looked back at my 'siblings.'

'Sure, let's go,' I replied, seemingly defeated.

They smirked.

'Good Mina, your daddy found you a new fiancé,'

I gulped.

I walked over to them and hung my head.

'Don't worry, dear Mina,' my step-sister-in-law purred, 'I heard he was good in bed,'

I almost gagged. I thought back to the countless dates my father had set up for me with the sons of other rich CEOs but they were all absolutely terrible. They were all heavily botoxed, probably had years worth of plastic surgery and acted like a cow's butt.

They were all interested in one thing and that was pretty much sex so I would sabotage the dates. Most of the time, I would just twist their words and publicly embarrass them but if they were a real douche, I would slip some stuff into their drinks, film them being assholes and upload them online for the world to see.

I've been going on those dates since I was about 11 because my father desperately wanted me to be married over a contract. My father was horrible. I'll never forgive him. I turned to my 'siblings'.

Their names were Park Chanyeol and Bae Suzy. I knew this from news articles about them.

'Kidding, okay, hun?' She said, in a normal voice. She sounded more human now.

My brother burst out, laughing.

What was going on?

'Sorry, kid. We just wanted to welcome you into our family. Sorry if what we arranged was a little cruel. Val forced us to,'

My mind was spinning.

What the heck?!?!

'Let's go home, Mina,' he asked in a nice voice. He looked better with a smile and his wife looked less like a slut. They were nothing like my father.

'We won't hurt you, I swear,' the girl spoke in a soft and light voice.

I paused for a solid 30 seconds. I couldn't trust them. This was too... soft.

'What's going on?'

They exchanged glances and turned their backs to me. Suddenly, tears filled their eyes and they began a hushed conversation.

'She deserves to know, but is this right?'

'I want her to know as well but imagine the outcome,'

It was as if they were debating over a secret being kept but they were on the same team.

'What's going on?'

They exchanged glances again.

'I'm sorry, Mina,'

A/N:

I had to.