Chapter 17

My eyes widened. What were they talking about?

My hands tightened on the knife around my waist and I bent my legs, ready to pounce.

'What do you mean?' My eyes narrowed.

The female suddenly burst out crying and my stepbrother's tears withered from his eyes.

'Mina. I know we should have told you but, it was really hard,' he began.

I suddenly felt like crying but it could've been a trap.

'When you were young, just before you left, around 12, you were diagnosed with amnesia,' he continued.

Was this a joke?

'You couldn't remember the happy things in your life. This wasn't the first time you met me or my wife. We met 8 years ago outside at the park near your house. Do you remember? It was your favourite place to have alone time. You were crying and me and my wife walked over to you and helped you. Do you remember how you stormed off and we chased you? Soon, we began to play tip and we became good friends. Our mother met your father after realising that we were your first best friends,'

My eyes watered. I used to love that park but did I really have amnesia? I didn't remember them but I do remember that my father stopped bringing home random ladies and attached to one of them after one day at the park. Was this the truth?

'And then, one day, you got hurt. No one knew how but you were found unconscious and you were around 11. You went to the hospital and once you woke up, you didn't know who we were or how much you meant to us,' my sister cried.

She walked up to me and took my hands. I didn't resist.

'Please, Mina, we need you. Your father loved you so much. Don't you remember? Or do you not want to remember?' She cried.

I stumbled backwards.

This couldn't be true. I didn't want it to be true.

I could go with them and find the truth. But if they are lying about the amnesia and their story, then everything I have will vanish.

If I run now, then I will never have the freedom I want or do the thing I love or... or figure out who Taehyung is to me.

Thinking about him made me smile. Was he from my past or a piece of my future?

Remember old memories or make new ones?