Chapter 9

Mina's POV

I have never been so physically close to someone before you, Kim Taehyung. First time was this morning when you fell on top of me and now, you were carrying me to the nurse's office. My heart couldn't handle it. It went crazy. What was going on? I haven't felt this way before.

After stealing some medical supplies, the school day was already over. I missed out on the last two periods but hey. Who needs Visual Arts and Music?

I had just walked out of the school doors when I saw you. You were standing there, looking at me. And there, my heart went crazy.

Gathering up all my courage, I walked up to you.

'Hey, why are you still at school?'

Never have I ever seen anyone so uncomfortable. I suddenly felt embarrassed.

'Well, my driver was late and I wanted to talk to you,'

I raised my eyebrows.

'Do you want to hang out with me this Sunday?'

I looked at him in disbelief.

'I mean, you know, normal, casual, yeah, things,' he stuttered.

Never have I ever seen anyone look so cute.

I pondered over the idea. I was supposed to be working on Sunday but I had some time.

'Ermm, okay,' I replied, sheepishly.

Never have I ever seen anyone look so surprised.

'I mean, great! Umm, where do you live? I can give you a lift,' as his driver appeared by his side.

'Wait a minute, you're not even going to ask for my name? Or at least tell me yours?' I questioned.

'Ok, well, your name is Song Mina and my name is Kim Taehyung. Call me Tae. Nice to meet you, where do you live?'

I looked at him. Was he a pervert?

He laughed.

'It's on your name tag, silly,'

'Oh yeah,'

'So where do you live? I'll give you a ride there,'

I looked at his car and our surroundings.

My mouth dropped to the floor. Not because of his money or his weird question about my address but because, somewhere behind the bushes, there was a camera.

A silver and gold snake embellished on the lenses. The Song family emblem.

I had to get out of there.

'Err, sure! Thanks!' I exclaimed.

He opened the door for me and I hopped in. The car was leaving the school and he asked me for my address again.

I blanked out. I lived on ***** ***** which had some old apartments. I didn't want to tell him in case he told someone. My dad might hear rumours. Plus, I didn't want to seem lame. Stupidly, I chose the richest house in the entire of Seoul.

'***** ******,' I replied, shaking.

He looked at me for a second before bursting into laughter. His laugh... it was beautiful. My eyes widened. Bad Mina, very bad Mina.

'Why are you laughing?' I pouted.

'Beca-you know what? Let's find out,' he replied mysteriously, still laughing.

Little did I know that he knew this house VERY, VERY well.

'Hop on in,' he said, opening the door for me.

I nodded a small thanks to him and got in. Out of the corner of my eye, the small gold and silver serpent had disappeared.

I gave out a sigh of relief.

He looked over at me, confused.

'Are you on the run or something?' he chuckled.

'Nah, just some stalker kid looking at me,' I replied, nonchalantly, my heart beating at 500 beats per minute.

His eyes dilated like saucers.

'Really? Is he bothering you?'

'What? No. He's umm, my ex,' I replied, shocked at his sudden outburst.

Taehyung's POV

When she told me that she was being bothered by her ex, I was stumped. I didn't realise that she would have an ex. Nevertheless, a stalker. He might be dangerous. So I'll protect her.

'Oh, okay. So what did you do during the holidays?'

She looked over at me, her eyes digging into my soul. I gulped.

'Bury a dead body,'

Mina's POV

His eyes widened before laughing again.

'Haha, you're really something,' he laughed.

I laughed awkwardly with him. Stupid Mina, why did you say that?

It was a very uncomfortable ride. We drove on in a very uncomfortable silence.

'So, umm, how are you enjoying school so far?' I attempted to start a conversation.

He looked at me, laughter dancing in his eyes.

'So far, so good, but I can't stand all the girls,' he bragged.

Rolling my eyes, I felt a bit annoyed. Guess a crush is just a crush. Wait. What? I do not like him. Do I?

While I was contemplating my feelings for Taehyung, the car had pulled up to the house. I had always ran pass this house but never really stayed long enough to admire its beauty.

The house looked like something out of my dreams in which did not include depressing things and being on the run. It was tall, white and had statues made of marble and the pillars were encrusted with gold. Even though it looked a bit fancy, you can already tell by the technology in the garage that the house was completely loaded with money and modern expenses like technology.

My mouth dropped. It was massive.

'Why are you so surprised? It's your house, isn't it?' he laughed.

Rolling my eyes for the fiftieth time today, I replied calmly.

'Don't be so cocky. It's not a good look,' I tease.

He looked at me, confused.

Taehyung's POV

'You must be mistaken. Everyone loves me and my personality,' I showed off.

This lady was weird. She was different. But that made her more attractive.

Mina's POV

Was this guy serious?

But nevertheless, I found myself blushing.

Do I like him?