Chapter 3

It was the first day of senior year. I had narrowly escaped on of my father's overpaid agents and was very sick. The lack of sleep and food caused bags under my eyes and threw my cheekbones into sharp relief. I was walking down the hallway, hoping that the private investigator hadn't followed me to school. Luckily, I had a fake ID.

I turned into the next corridor when...

'OUCH!'

I had just walked into someone's back.

'Sorry,' I mumbled.

They didn't even notice.

Weird...wait a minute. That's Somi. Like, the rudest person ever. She's never missed a chance to insult me. I looked past her. All the students had lined up to make a clear path. At the centre of everyone's attention was... a boy?

Wait, seven boys. The girls were fanning themselves and screaming at them while the boys looked at them in awe.

'OH MY GOD!'

'IT'S THE BANGTAN BOYS!'

'THEY'RE SO CUTE!'

'I LOVE YOU!'

I roll my eyes. I have never stayed in a place long enough to catch feelings, so I don't understand why they are obsessing over some boys.

I walked away to the library which is practically my current home and haven. I crept to my usual spot, the corner cushions. Because I was quite early to school, I figured that I should do my homework.

Trying to live a life was difficult when you were on the run and constantly moving.

In the past one and a half years, I have gone to Seoul, Jeju Island, Daegu, Busan, Jeju Island again, Gwangju, Gwancheon, Busan again, Ilsan, Daegu again and back into Seoul. It was hard, finding shelter, food and essentials without any questions being asked.

I hope that I won't have to move for a while because I got a part-time job and I was familiar with the area even though I have only been here for a couple months.

After pondering over my life's problems, I fell asleep.