Chapter 14. Powerfreak System

Seraphine POV

Not at all surprised. Woke up a few minutes ago to see Y/N cuddling into me. Such a big softie. It's gonna be real funny when he starts sleeping like this regularly. I slowly make my way out of his grip and proceed with my morning routine, doing my hair first.

Sera: God, it's always such a mess in the mornings...

Ahri: First time.....?

Ahri walked in speaking with a groggy voice and oh my god, her hair was everyone. If I didn't know any better, I'd say she was trying to turn into a Super Saiyan. With her hair being blonde, I think she almost succeeded.

Sera: We got any plans this weekend?

Ahri: Eve talked about visiting Caitlyn for a quick chat today, then heading to a beach house tonight.

Sera: What's the occasion?

Ahri: We're confidant you both passed your finals and planned on taking you guys out to celebrate. We'll probably see if Marco wants to join. Can never get a read on that guy.

Sera: He knows a lot more than people seem to think he does. I guess that's what happens when you don't have powers. Knowledge is the next best thing.

Ahri: I guess you're right.

We both finish up our hair and head on over to the living room. Y/N and Akali were already up and playing Halo Reach. Looked like they were playing Forge cause Y/N won't stop spawning Banshees to shoot Akali with. I swear, he has too much fun playing with flying machines. Akali is trying to snipe him out of the sky with a spartan laser but she's doing a horrible job at it so she was constantly yelling at Y/N as he laughed at her. The growling of my stomach told me it was time to eat so I had some waffles that Kai'sa made.

Kai'sa: Is he normally t-this loud?

Sera: Not normally, I guess Akali's yelling has earned him some points in entertainment. These waffles are really good by the way.

Kai'sa: Thank you.

She gave a warm smile and ate her own plate of waffles. Eve comes in a few moments later.

Eve: Darlings. We'll be leaving for Caitlyns in a few minutes. Make sure you're ready to go.

We all finish up what we're doing and get dressed. Y/N heads on over without us too see if she needs anything since she hasn't called him in for a bit. Guess he was really worried about not having work. I did hear that AJ was in town so it's not like Piltover would be down a strong Freelancer. This also helped since we could only fit 5 people in Eve's car. As we were going down the elevator, Eve gets a call.

Eve: Yes?...... I see.... We'll make sure of it. See in a few.

Akali: Taric?

Eve: Caitlyn actually.

Ahri: Did something come up?

Eve: No, she is simply informing me on some details. She doesn't want Y/N to be present with us.

Kai'sa: She must an important for us.

Ahri: No doubt regarding him.

The elevator comes to a stop and we all get into Eve's car, our destination being the PLE Precinct. After about 30 minutes we arrive. AJ was already outside, waiting for us.

AJ: If it isn't my second favorite ramen buddy and her girls. Oh hey Seraphine!

Sera: Long time no see AJ.

We exchange a quick hug before heading inside.

Sera: So what's so important that Y/N can't be with us.

AJ: It's a very private matter. That's why we're heading to Camille's Office.

Vi was waiting outside the office for us and let us all in before quickly joining us. The office looked more like an armory mixed with a laboratory.

Caitlyn: Everyone here?

Vi: Yes ma'am.

Caitlyn: Good, now I know this was suppose to be a friendly little visit but I think it's best that you understand the situation you're all in.

We were all confused by this. Even Eve was.

Camille: The chief has asked me to do specific research on our Freelancer Y/N L/N. You'll know why in a moment.

Akali: Does he know about this?

Caitlyn: No, this part is a carefully kept secret.

Eve: Explain.

Caitlyn: We have what we call a Powerfreak system. This is a system that ranks people based on their powers. We have 10 Tiers, the higher the number the more powerful the power is.

Camille:  Each and every power we can file is put into the system. Vastaya's are typically Tier 3 though some of the more dangerous breeds are placed in Tier 4 or 5. Demons and Angels are immediately placed in Tier 5 and can easily reach Tier 8. Doing that is not impossible but it is staggering that a species is capable of such a jump in power. We've conducted research on Y/N's power Light Control to determine where his power ranks.

Silence then befell the room. It was deafening and making me nervous.

Caitlyn: We believe his power may be a Tier 11.

Ahri: But you said there is only 10 Tiers.

Caitlyn: There are but that's being generous. You've seen him in combat at least once have you.

We all nod. It was when he fought Static but he was clearly holding back in that fight.

Caitlyn: Here's the thing with this system. We use it to determine how much of a risk a person could be. Discounting all criminal acts, powers influence how we deal with people. As you know, Demons are killed on sight since they are typically malevolent by nature but that doesn't make them all dangerous. Evelynn here is a good example.

AJ: A succubus demon who decided to reincarnate as a human during the Abyssal Wars. The war that tore the demon forces of the Void apart cause they had no real leader to look too. Many actually followed her in this act. I'm sure everyone but Seraphine knew that.

That was a big pill to swallow. I knew Eve was a lot more than she appeared to be but a succubus demon from the Void. Better too not cross her. Y/N might not be too happy about that either.

Akali: Don't worry Sera. Eve is nothing like those monsters. Mostly.

Eve: Some people need to be taught lessons. Laying hands on us is one way too get a few lessons.

Akali: Scarring them for life and beating the shit out of them are two different types of lessons Eve.

Caitlyn: Anyways. We're telling you this cause of what we do with Tier 10s. These people are typically too dangerous to be left in the public without supervision. You notice that Y/N can walk around without having to worry about this.

Ahri: But he's a Tier 11. Wouldn't that mean....

Caitlyn: Yes. We would have to arrest him on the spot and ship him to Noxus for containment. His power is too dangerous to be left out in the field. The People who know of the Powerfreak system only know that he is categorized at Tier 7. If it was 8 or higher, we'd be forced to watch him at all times. He only wishes to help people so we were able to pull some strings and convince him to never go all out in fights that could reach the public.

AJ: Too say my man is OP would be accurate and he's well aware of that. He forces himself to hold back a lot so he doesn't scare the public. If word got out he was this being that surpassed the system, everyone would think differently of him and not the good differently. He'd be crushed.

Caitlyn: I appreciate you giving him the emotional support that he needs after what I did but it comes at a cost.

Kai'sa: W-what cost?

Camille: Our research of his powers is much deeper than determining where he is in the system. His power is Light Control, but what does that cast?

We all went silent, we all knew what that meant. Where the Light shines, a Shadow looms.

Sera: So you're saying... He could turn on us...?

Camille: We can't ignore that possibility. You will have to keep his emotions in check. He's a kind young man, and we do not want to subject him to a life he doesn't deserve.

Caitlyn: Girls. From here on out, you are his guardians. You will be what anchors him to his way of life. Should things ever get out of hand and he turns. We will be forced to contain him or worse.

The heart sank at those last words. The thought of Y/N dying because of his own powers turning potentially turning against him was horrifying. The worst part would be knowing the fact it was ultimately our fault. All the girls looked really sad about this but Eve stood firm.

Eve: Then we will not fail. After all he's done for people, he deserves only the best. Isn't that right girls?

Ah/Ak/Ka: Yeah!

I give a nod and bright smile. As if I'll ever let that happen too him. Good thing we have plans too go to the beach. That ought to keep him in high spirits.