30.

Jisoo and Jennie arrived at the beach they were planning to go to.

It was just outside of Seoul near the airport, so they had to drive a bit longer.

Jisoo got out of the car as Jennie parked and stretched her limbs.

"Aish it feels nice to ride in this car, much better than your old one" she said in content as the latter just chuckled.

"Well we made our spot, and at prime daylight. The weathers nice" Jennie said as she pulled a picnic cloth from her trunk.

She always kept one in case they went to parks or places they couldn't sit down.

So it was always helpful.

Jisoo left her phone in her down, and Jennie left hers in the car before closing the roof, and locking the doors and then entered the beach.

They walked and found a spot in a less crowded area, given that there wasn't much as it was in the middle of a work day.

Sitting on the ground they started to look out onto the horizon.

The blue colours of the sea with the sun reflecting on it, while they sat under the shade of a tree nearby made the day so much more peaceful.

"Wait, wait one second" Jisoo said before springing up and running off somewhere leaving Jennie in confusion.

Not a moment later she returned with a bag and upon seeing Jennie just laughed.

The elder stuck her hand in her bag before pulling out two cans of beer.

Jennie took one from Jisoo smiling before popping it open.

"All right here's to having my best friend back in Korea" Jisoo said holding it out as Jennie threw her head back in laughter.

"Yah Yah don't you dare ruin this moment with your stupid voice and clink your can with mine" she said ordering her but couldn't bear to bite back a smile.

"All right all right fine!" Jennie said clinking her can with Jisoo's and the two sipped and sighed.

"God it's been so long since I've had Korean canned beer" she said looking at the label.

"Is it good?" Jisoo said looking at her.

"Not at all. It's sucks" Jennie replied as the two stared at each other for a moment and burst out laughing.

Jisoo sighed after a bit.

"So how was seeing everyone again?" She asked as Jennie smiled.

"I actually was nervous the whole flight over. I thought I'd be awkward with everyone" she replied as she took another swig.

"Hmm we did as well. It was a whole year apart after all. Now look at us, both of us are in our final year of college, I already got finalised that after graduation I'm getting the coaching position at ganyeon sports centre. I'm happy" she said smiling.

"What are you planning on doing after college?" Jisoo asked facing her.

"Well, probably something with family and architecture" Jennie replied sighing as she faced the sea.

"Hmm. I see that. Anyways back to seeing us again. How was it seeing, well you know, Taehyung again?" She asked as Jennie sighed.

"I really don't know. It felt so awkward. Like you know, how would you feel if you broke up with someone, yet we're still not over them and now you live together. Gah it's so frustrated" she said louder at the end before chugging a bit more of her drink.

"Yah Yah slow down" Jisoo replied lowering her hand.

"Either way, after you were gone he was quite different. He burst out and yelled at a couple of students saying you broke up because they kept asking about you. That was surprising because we had never seen him lose his cool before" Jisoo said as she remembered that day.

"Really? That happened?" The latter asked surprised.

"Yeah. It was a big thing then" Jisoo responded to her surprise.

"Wahhh. So many things happened while I was gone. At least you're still alive and not a fossil yet" she said as Jisoo jokingly scoffed.

"Yah, you wanna die" she said putting up her fist.

Jennie grabbed her fist and lowered it.

"Are you sure you're ready to kill your soulmate. The Jen in jensoo?" She asked as the two laughed again.

"This is nice." Jisoo said as they calmed down.

"Yeah. I missed all of this. And I can tell you did too since you're still wearing my ring" Jennie said pointing it out as Jisoo looked down.

"Oh right. Here I got this for you" she said pulling out a box from her pocket as she showed it to her.

Jennie raised her eye brows and took it as she opened it.

"Yah unnie. Why'd you waste your money on this" she asked as she faced the elder.

Oh wait, are you proposing? Well if so then yes" Jennie replied to her box as Jisoo smacked her arm.

"Yah be in the moment for once you idiot" Jisoo said as Jennie laughed.

"No but seriously thank you. And now we have matching rings" she said as she faced Jisoo.

The girls sat there talking and laughing while simultaneously catching up on everything that happened.

It was quite a lot, seeing as 13 months can bring a lot of changes, including in hair length.

As they were talking a drop of moisture suddenly fell in Jisoo's arm.

"Is it, is it raining right now?" She asked and to answer her question, more drops fell down.

"Ah shit" Jennie exclaimed as the two scrambled to pick up their things and ran to get shelter under one of the bus stops.

"The phones, where is my phone?" Jennie asked as she patted her pockets down.

"The car" they both said groaning.

The car was a fair distance and they couldn't run in the rain.

They took a long walk from the  parking lot to the beach earlier, and now they were under the cover of a beach view bar as they were caught in the pouring rain.

"I really don't think it's going to come down anytime soon" Jisoo said as she looked out and put her hand in the rain.

"Let's sit inside then" Jennie suggested as they looked back.

They both sighed or groaned and made their way in.