Chapter Six

Water is taking over my lungs. I'm trying so hard to reach the surface unable the grasp on to a single thing. All I could do was scream help in my head. Someone keeps pushing my head further into the water. While unable to breathe my body slowly lets go...

I woke up in a frantic shock. Sweating through my bonnet and breathing heavy. I looked to my phone to see the time. 3am.

"Ugh" I signed to myself.

That dream was like no other dream, I've never experienced drowning before! It was very scary. I set up to walk towards my bedroom window that was across from my bed. Looking down I see someone running into the Mars house wearing all black. I wasn't alarmed because I noticed they used a key to get in.

Not sure if it was Vinnie or Daniel. Even though they're twins, they're not identical. They have very close similarities like their eyes, strong jawline and their height, but their faces were different.

I walked downstairs to grab a glass of water. The whole house was quite, only thing you could hear was the ocean wrestling in the background with the wind.

Tip toeing back up stairs I looked out my window one last time before hopping back in bed.

The bedroom light across from my bedroom was on. Moments later someone walks in front of the window taking off their clothes.

"Oh my fucking God it's Vinnie" I whispered to myself.

He was taking his shirt off, I assumed by his bed. His shirt was dirty. But his body was so fucking sexy! His abs were so defined, his happy trail was so deepened.

What is it about this boy that I'm so intrigued by? He's edgy, extremely sexy, mysterious, and so different from when we were kids...He's a man now. I thought to myself.

I stood there for a second looking into his room admiring the beauty on this man. I had to snap out of it because his eyes shot to my window. I jumped back behind the wall near the window. Holding tight as fuck to my glass, hoping he didn't see me being a damn creep.

There's no way he could see inside my room it was pitch black. Right?

I hurried to my bed and took a sip of my water and laid there in silence. I noticed his bedroom light was off when I looked up one last time. I let my body relax to the melody of sleep.
———.———

I was woken up by Breonna jumping on my bed like a child.

"Wake yo ass up Kensley" she says while still jumping.

"Ouch bitch you jumped on my leg" I screamed out.

"Oops" she says back while sitting down on my bed next to me, while I was still laying down.

"Bre why are you up before me?" I asked.

"I slept so good girl, the mattress in there knocked me out clean."

"Well at least on of us can sleep" I said while sitting up.

"You still having nightmares" Breonna asked with a concern face.

"Yes but this time it was really scary, I was literally drowning."

"That's weird, you know how to swim" Breonna added.

"Nah it's not that, you know dreams can be odd but with this one someone was drowning me" I can hear the shacking in my voice saying it out loud and Breonna's face told the same.

"Why are you having those kinds of dreams here? So weird Kensley" Breonna leaned in to lay her head on my shoulder.

"Girl same no clue why I'm drowning on damn vacation" I chuckled.

"Besides that, I seen Vinnie early this morning sneaking in." I said with a better tone to lift the mood.

"Nuh-uh" Breonna says while sitting up with a corky smirk.

"Girl yes, and his bedroom is right across from mine. Go look how close. First window you see" I pointed to my window for Breonna to check.

"Damn you ain't lying! did you take a little peaky peak?" She smirked.

"Kinda" I laughed.

"You perve" she picked at me.

"Not even, he was unclothing himself before I knew it" I said with a poker face.

"Mhm sure, why was he out so late?" Breonna asked.

"No clue, probably a booty call" I mumbled. "But his clothes were dirty as well so I'm unsure."

"Ou he's a dirty boy" Breonna teased.
"You better get dirty with him"

"Nah I'm good, no time for a distraction" I said.

"Whatever you say Kensley" Her tone was a little irritated. I know she wants me to be happy and to get myself out there and start dating. I just haven't been able to find that spark with someone.

"Let's go shopping!" Breonna says getting off the bed. "Stella says there's this beautiful strip mall downtown near the beach we should go to before we meet up with your soon to be boo thang." I rolled my eyes at here.

"Sure sounds fun but cool it with the Boo thang, with a boy like that he obviously has a girlfriend"

"You're not for sure about it" Breonna says with arms crossed.

"Maybe not but I don't want to find out either" I grabbed Breonna's under arm and walked her out my room.

"let's get cleaned up to see what my mama and brother are doing"
———.———
Walking down the stairs to the kitchen it was only Branson at the table eating his breakfast while playing on his laptop.

"Good Morning Buba" I said

"Good Morning Branson" Breonna also added.

"Good Morning" Branson says and smiled at us.

"Where's mama?" I asked Branson while taking milk out the fridge.

"Work, she went in pretty early"

" Oh okay, hopefully she'll get out early to spend the day with us" I said.

"Probably not, I bet she'll find a way to get more hours in, you know she loves to work" Branson says while taking his bowl to the sink.

"What do y'all have planned for today?" Branson asked.

"We're going shopping " Breonna says to Branson.

"Of course y'all are" he says.

"You wanna join?" I asked.

"Nah I'm good, I have some debugging to do" he says while making his way up the stairs.

"Wait we're on vacation no work on vacation Branson!" I informed him before he could trail away.

"I know Ken but I have some important things that need to be finished. I'll join y'all for the beach tomorrow maybe" he gave me his signature puppy eyes.

"Okay I'll hold you to it." I told him.
———.———

End of Chapter Six

Please Comment and Vote, I would really appreciate it ♥️