Chapter Eleven

First time in awhile I woke up on my own, but I still was feeling uneasy. After last night I had so many emotions and thoughts going through my head. I stepped out of my shell and actually had fun. Vinnie is definitely growing on me but I can't help to think what I'm still unsure about.

His whole conversation with Talia last night was weird as fuck. I have so many questions. I doubt he would tell me, it all seemed to be a inside thing, but whatever shit they have going on I have a weird feeling it won't end well.

I get out of bed and stretched. The sun creeped into my room brightly. I felt good this morning so I did my morning routine and went downstairs to see my mom and Branson eating breakfast at the kitchen table.

"Good Morning my beautiful family" I say while walking to grab a plate.

They both looked up at me with a confused face.

"What's gotten into her?" Branson asked.

"Hmm looks like your sister had a good time at that party last night." She  says while drinking her morning coffee.

"I actually did have a good time, some off things happened but still good."

"Well I'm happy to see you're enjoying yourself Kensley" my mama says with a smile.

"How was the turtle hashing last night" I asked Branson.

"It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen, and that's a lot coming from me" you can tell he was happy.

"Ouu tell me more" I said back excitedly.

As Branson was speaking I couldn't help to get the attention from the kitchen tv. News anchor in the background

"Breaking news after 2 years the Tybee serial killer may be back!"

I immediately walked to the counter to turn the volume up.

"Sorry Buba I don't mean to interrupt but y'all listen to this" I say while leaning on the kitchen counter. My mama and Branson gave their uninvited attention to the tv as well.

"Early this morning officers and FBI agents were called to a home on the south side of the Island. Sources says a body was found floating in the residence pool. Unknown who the victim is and no release on the home at this time. Sources say this maybe a homicide and evidence shows that the Tybee Killer could just be back again this summer. More evidence to come later on."

I suddenly became cold. What the fuck they mean Tybee Serial killer maybe back? I looked to my mama and her face gave the same feeling as mine.

"What the actual fuck" Branson blurted out.

"Boy watch yo mouth!" my mama snapped.

"This been going on for two years now? How did we not know this?" I asked my mama trying not to freak.

"I'm wondering the same, none of the nurses at the hospital has brought it up and the Mars sure the hell didn't speak on it" she says while taking her and Branson dishes to the sink.

I could tell my mama was not liking this.

"Maybe we should leave early" she says leaning on the kitchen sink. You could tell this was not settling well with her.

"Ma us leaving would be pointless!, there's crazy people everywhere" I say.

"Yes but Tybee is a small island and I don't want to stress about this on vacation"

"I know mama but us leaving would be pointless you can't leave yet with your work contract" I say.

I Wasn't ready to leave.

"You right but y'all kids is gonna have to be very careful. We have a week and a few days left and I don't have time dealing with a missing or dead kid" her words were stern.

Branson and I both shook our heads and agreed.

Breonna came walking down the stairs with her bonnet on and still in her pjs.

"Good morning family" she says while looking at our still kinda shook faces.

"Why y'all look like someone killed your dog?" Breonna asked .

Too soon I was thinking.

"Hide your kids and hide your wife" Branson says to Breonna then ran up the stairs.

Putting my hand on my head, I knew this summer wasn't going to be what any of us expected.

————.————
End of Chapter Eleven

Sorry for the short chapter, I was needing to get this part of the story added and wasn't sure on how.

Please Comment and vote ♥️