Chapter Twenty-five

Driving back home replaying my moms voice in my head, really scared me not knowing what's going on. Lighting flashed across the sky above me. A rain storm was coming and I needed to get home.

Pulling up to my families beach house the rain immediately started coming down. I ran inside to take shelter.

I yelled up the stairs "MAMA?"

"We're up here Kensley" my mama says back.

I ran up the stairs to Branson's room to see he was unconsciously laying on the floor near his desk.

I screamed out of fear "OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED? IS HE OKAY?"

My mama was rocking his body and checking his pulse "He's still breathing but he was strangled with his computer cord! He called me while I was at work, asking me to grab him food then next minute I hear shuffling and him screaming through the phone. I immediately drove home, I heard Breonna in the background screaming get off him and when I came home Branson was pale in the face unconscious and I couldn't find Breonna" my mamas voice became weak while tears fall down her cheeks.

I fell to the ground near them completely speechless.

"I don't understand who would do this to my baby" she says crying out.

"Mama I'm so sorry! will h-he be okay" I cried out. I was sick to my stomach from seeing my little brother almost lifeless.

"I don't know but I can't wait any longer for the ambulance. I'm going to drive him to the hospital." She picked up my brother and I helped her take him down stairs and placed him in the car.

"Mama I'm coming with y'all" I said.

"No stay here just in case Breonna shows up, you need to be here for your friend. And lock the door! Someone is trying to hurt our family Kensley and I won't be able to bare if something happens to you and Bre." she says before driving off.

The rain drops fell down nonstop. I ran inside and locked the door. I was more confused then scared. Why would someone hurt Branson? I immediately ran upstairs to his bedroom to look around. I remember him saying he was able to get into the Mars database, maybe that had something to do with what happened to him.

I set at his computer, it was still unlocked. I didn't know exactly what I was looking for but I knew I had to look. He had so many files and so many things he was working on. Five minutes in I noticed a file that Said cooking recipes.

"Cooking recipes? His ass don't cook!" I said to myself.

I opened the file and there it was a full Folder about the Mars inc company. I skimmed through the file and to my surprise Branson cracked the code to this family.

Mars Inc was not just a software company. It was a sex trafficking company. Bringing in millions of dollars a year. Mr. Mars hid the company within a software company to sell women on the black market. Only the elite would know what was being sold to them and profiting off the traffickers as well. Over five hundred names were on the top buyer list and some big well known people were buyers and investors. Even the main man Mr.Mars was on that list, it looks like he bought his girlfriend Stella Loraine in 2017 for three million dollars.

My hand was shaking from all of this. It all made sense to me, on why Vinnie snuck out to meet that Tom man and all those women in the back of the cart. He was selling them for his father. This whole time he's been kidnapping and killing people right in front of me.

I immediately became cold. My hands was shaking as scrolled down the file till the power went out. I jumped from the instant darkness. I looked outside and it was still pouring rain. I needed to call the police to tell them what's been going on. I didn't care about Vinnie at that moment, my family was living next door to a killer and sex traffickers. Before I could dial 911 on my phone I heard a creek on the stairs. Branson's room was right next to them. I got up, barely able to see and hoping it was Breonna since she was the only person other then my family with a key.

I ran to the stairs "Breonna is that you?" I say looking down at a shadow figure on the stairs. I couldn't adjust my eyes but I knew for a fact it wasn't Breonna.

The shadow figures ran towards me. I screamed out in fear and ran to my bedroom and locked my room door and placed a chair underneath it. Hard banging was placed on my door none stop. My body was shaking in fear. I hurried and dialed 911 before it was too late.

Dispatcher- "911 what's your emergency"

Me- "Please help someone is trying to kill me"

Dispatcher- "What's your name?"

Me- "Kensley Jones I stay at 105 lovely place rd here in Tybee! Please send help the Tybee killer is after me" I whispered in the phone.

Dispatcher- "please be patient Miss Jones, help will be there when they can."

Me- "WHAT THE FUCK YOU MEAN WHEN THEY CAN? IM IN DANGER BITCH!"

Dispatcher- "I understand but we've been getting multiple calls regarding the Tybee killer in peoples homes all night and the whole town power is out."

I couldn't believe this was my reality. I was going to die by the hands of a man that I swore loved me.

The banging on my door was not letting up and I was panicking even more.

Me- "please don't you hear that noise he's trying to kill-" One big boom and my bedroom door came crashing down.

I was still on the phone with the dispatcher. My body went cold from who was standing before me.

With every ounce in me I spoke "Oh my God...you're the Tybee serial killer?"
———.———
End of Chapter Twenty-five

To be continued.....