Chapter Nine

Back to Kensley's POV

As soon as our Lyft dropped us off at home I went straight to my room.

God I was so irritated but I don't know why. I couldn't help but replay what just happened in my head.

Like this boy really tried to play me? All that sweet shit "I LiKe YOuR sWiMsUiTe KeNsLeY" Blah blah. He can stick that lil date he thought he was gonna get out of me up his..FINE, SEXY ASS!

FUCK what is this boy DOING TO ME!!!???

Laying on my bed wondering why he didn't deny them dating in front of her but when we were alone "she's not my girlfriend" head ass. This is why I don't date or try and like anyone.
I heard a knock on my door. My mama came in wearing comfy clothes.

"Hey baby" she says as in Breonna already told her what happened.

"Mama I love you but not right now, I promise I'm not hurt just irritated." I say while rolling over on my bed.

"Can I come lay with you?" She asked. I nodded my head as in yes. She came over and spoon me. I love my mama so much so it was hard not to talk about how I was feeling.

"It's not that I'm mad he has a girlfriend, it's the fact he didn't defend himself when he had the chance, if it really wasn't his girlfriend" I blurted out without my mama asking.

"What if it was hard for him to say it right there and then?" She asked with a low tone. "Maybe they have history he's not ready to put out there yet."

Listening to my mama's words did sound reasonably but not to where I had to look like a fool around everyone.

"He made me look like a fool Ma" I said while sitting up.

"I'm not defending him baby but how? No one else knew he asked you on a date but you and him at that moment until you told Breonna" she says sitting up as well.

Breonna big mouth ass works fast.

"Yeah you're right" I said back.

"Just let it be, don't be mad, Go on that date tomorrow, and go to that party tonight" she winked.

"Yeah I don't know Mama" I said quick

"Why not?" She asked with the mama voice.

"I think Breonna wanted to stay in to watch Boondocks."

"No I don't!" I heard Breonna's loud mouth in the hallway outside my door.

Rolling my eyes "Bre were you listening this whole time?" I asked her.

"Nah I- I dropped my EarPods in the hallway earlier, I was looking for it" She says patting her head to get the itch under her wig.

My mama busted out laughing.

"Y'all kids keep me young" she says while getting off my bed. "Have fun tonight ladies. I'll be taking your brother to see baby turtles being hash and help guide them to the ocean."

Breonna and I both said "Awww"

"Thank you Mama, I love you"

"I love you more baby" she says back.
And leaves the room.

" I love you mama Jones" Breonna yelled behind her. My mom was almost half way down the stairs when we heard.