Desperation

The week had been long as the group had started planning new living arrangements. Their home at Oikawa's place was only temporary, they would all have to split eventually. Due to what had happened they could no longer stay in large groups.

"Hinata are you even listening?" Tsukishima glared at him but the boy just sighed. He shrugged his shoulders and leaned back in his chair, clearly exhausted.

All Hinata had been thinking about for the past few days was getting Kageyama home safe. He didn't care about new living plans or the hunger he was feeling, none of that mattered until he knew his lover was alive.

"We're moving into a new coffee shop, just thought I should tell you seeing as you weren't even listening." Tsukishima snarked.

Hinata shrugged.

"I don't care." He spoke nonchalantly.

All week Kenma and Hinata had been researching possible places Kageyama could be held. In the end the most likely place would be Cochlea, which isn't exactly the most easy place to infiltrate. It wouldn't be a walk in the park to break a prisoner out of a maximum security prison.

Either that or he was being held in one of the CCG centres. But that was unlikely.

They did know of someone who could help, however he wasn't around to give any advice. Tendo had a map of Cochlea in his apartment seeing as he had broken in before. The reason why remains unknown.

Kenma and Hinata decided that night they would return to his apartment and take the map. The others approved, despite not knowing if it was even possible to break in. But when a friend is in need they will do whatever it takes to help them.

"Where do you think it would be?" Kenma spoke. It was dark outside and the rain was heavy, the car lights illuminated the path ahead.

"I don't know. He hoards a lot of stuff, it will probably take a while for us to find it." Hinata sighed for around the hundredth time that day.

The stairs behind them creaked as they fumbled their way up in the dark. Tendo's apartment hadn't been boarded up yet although his door had been kicked down. That really showed the disregard the CCG had for ghouls. They didn't even have the decency to fix his apartment door.

As they stepped inside there was a tall man who seemed to also be looking for something. Hinata's eyes honed in on the figure.

"Ushijima?" The man turned around to face the two.

As the two stared over at him he remained silent. A blank expression continued to occupy his place face. It looked as if he had seen a ghost.

"What's going on?" Kenma finally spoke into the silence.

The question remained unanswered, Ushijima continued with what he was doing. This time a lot faster. He was turning over countless pages and notes, unfolding screwed up paper and looking through books. Something about it almost seemed desperate, he was acting so frantically in a way Hinata had never seen him before.

Once his frantic actions came to a halt he unfolded a rather large piece of paper.

A map.

Kenma and Hinata took a glance at each other. Why did Ushijima need this map?

The older, much taller man turned towards them, hands shaking ever so slightly. It was then that he handed them the map, although his motions remained reluctant.

He opened his mouth to speak but promptly closed it again, not knowing how to word what he was thinking.

"Please bring back my friend. I know what he is, I know what you all are, but I have no intention of harming you. All I want is my friend alive. It's not like I can do anything to help so-." Ushijima was cut off by Hinata placing a hand on his arm.