Unwanted Family Dinners

"Dinner?" Azula stares at Zuko with a questioning yet irritated look.

"If you're going to live in the palace, then you must join the family dinners," The Firelord states, looking at his sister brush her hair over and over again until she believed it was just right.

She's always had an obsession with keeping everything perfect: her makeup, her clothes, and even her hair.

"I didn't want to come here in the first place, my lord," The former princess replies with a look of amusement from causing her brother this much frustration. "Besides, it's not like I'm even apart of this family anyways."

"Azula, please," Zuko sighs with exhaustion. He rakes his fingers through his hair, pushing his long locks back. "Stop being so difficult."

"Why did you even invite me back to the palace anyways?" Azula turns around to face her brother with genuine curiosity.

"Is it so hard for you to believe that I just wanted to see you again?"

"Yes," Zuko rolls his eyes from this response, shaking his head as he takes a seat on the edge of Azula's bed.

The two siblings weren't going to back down from this oral fight anytime soon. They were never keen on letting the other win, an effect from the traumatic childhood they were raised in.

The two sit in silence until Zuko comes up with an idea.

"What if your therapist came, Dr. L/n?" The Firelord suggests, raising his eyebrows with a slight smile. "You two seem close."

"She is my therapist after all," Azula adds as she studies her face in a close-up mirror. She checks every pore, every lash, everything. Zuko feels a sense of weariness just looking at his sister put in all this effort into looking perfect. "But I don't think I will."

"Azula, please," The raven-haired girl watches her brother's face turn to desperation. "Won't you even consider it?"

Azula hesitates for a moment before sighing in defeat. "...I'll leave after a couple minutes, and the doctor has to come. Deal or no deal?"

"Thank you Azula," Zuko smiles.

"Don't think this means I want to be a part of the family," Azula spits out in a harsh tone. "I just want some wine."

The Firelord furrows his brows at this comment but he doesn't continue the conversation. He only nods slightly before standing up from the side of the bed and leaving the room.
----------------------------------------------------------

SCENE CHANGE

---------------------------------------------------------

"Dinner?" Y/n questions Azula in confusion. "Why would the royal family require my presence at such a thing?"

"They don't require your presence," Azula sits next to Y/n on the couch. "I require it." The former princess looks around until she notices a bowl of fruit next to the couch on a coffee table. She picks up a grape, plopping it into her mouth. She closes her eyes and leans her head back.

Y/n blushes at this comment. She needs me!

She shakes her head quickly, trying her best to stops the comments in her head. She's my patient! This is so inappropriate.

"Are you alright?" The

"Okay," Y/n quickly smiles at the girl. "If it's what you desire."

"I desire this most," Azula smiles. "Wear something nice."

"We'll have to have a therapy session afterwards," Azula winces at this. "We haven't had one in a while, moving to the palace and all."

"Well, we have no need for it," The girl laughs.

"Judging by the way you just spoke I think you do,"

"And how did I just speak,"

"Guiltily," Y/n responds quickly.

"I'm only guilty of forcing you to join me for dinner," Azula smirks. "Nothing else."

Y/n sighs, rolling her eyes.

I'll give you something to roll your eyes for. Azula thinks, but quickly erases that thought.

"Fine," The former princess says in defeat. "I'll do it."

"It wasn't an option,"