Chapter 21 - Feelings

"I like you, Ellaile."

"Eh?" Ellaile got surprised. After a while, she get flustrated. "Wha-wha-what do you me-mean?-"

"It's just what i said, Ellaile. I like you, not as a friend but as a girl." Jizan said. Ellaile hides his face on her palm due to embarassment.

"Why are you embarrassed? I'm the one that should be embarassed you know.." Jizan blushed a little.

"But..... "

"It's okay if you don't want to reply." Jizan's expression changed and he looked at the sky.

"N-no." Ellaile mumbled. Jizan didn't hear clearly so he asked. "What?"

"I-i" Ellaile continues to mumble.

"Are you okay?" Jizan asked again.

"I-i'm gonna give a reply..... but.... give me some time.... okay?" Ellaile's face is beet red that she covers it to not let Jizan see it.

"Okay, if that's what you want" Jizan looked at Ellaile, giving her a beautiful smile.

There was a awkward silence between them. Jizan are looking calmly at the sky, and Ellaile are looking at the flowing river. Long minute later, Ellaile asked a question.

"Wh-why me?"

"Huh?" Jizan confusely looked at Ellaile.

"I mean.. why me? There are other girls who are much better than me."

"..." Jizan remained silent for a while. He thinks of what to say

'Oh what now? I don't know what to say!!' He said in thoughts. 'If this is an anime, what will the main character say?'

While having these thoughts, Ellaile was just staring at him uncomfortably. She doesn't know what Jizan's response will be. "Umm... Jizania?"

After a few thoughts, a light bulb suddenly appeared in Jizan's head, giving him an idea. So he faced Ellaile with a serious face.

"Because i want you." Jizan said.

"Eh?"

...

"Creepy"

"Uwag! Why is it creepy?" Jizan goes pale. 'Did i failed?' He said to his thoughts.

"Saying that with a straight face makes me shiver. Please dont do that again." Then Ellaile bows.

"You made me say it!" Jizan is now panicking.

Ellaile just laugh a little. Seeing that, Jizan relieved a little. They threw jokes on each other until they got tired.

"Hey, Jizania. Or i guess Jizan?"

"Yeah?"

"It looks like you're glowing."

"Eh" Jizan looked at himself, and he realized that the Soul Merge is going to break.

"Seems like we're going back to normal." Jizan said.

"What do you mean?"

"Soul Merge is an spell exclusively for Soul Fragments and their Main Soul. It cost a huge massive magic power to activate, not to the caster, but to its surroundings. We asked you to use half of your magic power to make us cast this spell, but we only have limited time to use it. Now, the Soul Merge is going to break."

"Ah, i see."

After a while, the Soul Merge broke, and Jizania and Akiko splits. Jizania stands after the broke, but Akiko was sleeping.