Chapter 28 - Loss

"We need to do something." The girl said.

"What?"

"I'm gonna join him, but first...." the girl hesitated at first, then continued. "You need to get me out of this old library."

"Huh?" Ellaile seems confused. "You can just walk through the door, can you?"

"I can't." The girl said. "King Johan along with Marcus, Viance, and Lavaros puts a Seal Barrier to the door. I hate to admit but i'm one of their prisoners. They held me here in this old library for years. So, help me get out of here."

"But how?" Ellaile asked again.

"You need to bring one of them. Johan, Marcus, or Viance to deactivate the spell. Every one of them can easily break through these." The girl said.

"Okay, we're gonna bring Viance here, but who's Marcus?"

"Marcus is the First and the Crowned Prince of Astral Kingdom. But no time to explain, we're running out of time." The girl immediately opened the door for the two.

"One last question," Ellaile said. "What's your name?"

"It's Pholia."

....

The battle continued between Kyujin and Marcus. Kyujin was avoiding to kill Marcus, so he can't go all out. Meanwhile, Marcus was desperate to kill him.

"Is this all you've got?" Marcus made another swing downwards, pushing his legs more widely to secure hit, but Kyujin swept the sword away with some force. Unable to dodge the another swing, Marcus got hitted in the shoulder, but the sword's sharp is opposite, so it just like hitting with a baseball bat. But Marcus cringed in pain, stepped back and regained his posture.

"Do not underestimate me." Kyujin pointed his sword, to finish Marcus with a single hit to the head. But Joa stopped him.

"Please don't kill him." Joa said. "He's evil, but he's still my brother."

Kyujin caught off guard, so Marcus dashed swinging his sword. Unfortunately, Kyujin and Joa didn't dodged. In result, Joa slashed in his right arm, now cutted into half. As of Kyujin, the sword pierced to his chest, hitting his heart. Kyujin's body collapsed into the cold floor, and Joa just watched him as he cringed from the pain of losing his right arm.

"K-Kyujin?" Joa said. Kyujin didn't answer.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! YOU'RE A FOOL LITTLE BROTHER!!" Marcus laugh, feeling victorious. Joa was shocked. It was his fault, that Kyujin died. If he didn't stopped Kyujin, Kyujin will not die. He blamed himself for this incident.

"Now, little brother. I think it's about time to kill you too. Father will not cry over you because you're trash." Marcus pointed his sword to Joa, who was unable to move due to trauma. He was guilty. As Marcus swing his sword, it got swept away by something.

"W-what is that?" Marcus stepped back.

"It looks like we're late." A voice of a girl comes out. Joa remembered this voice, it's Ellaile and Mizu.

Ellaile saw Kyujin's body, and was surprised in a second, then turned into a serious face, pulled out the replica of the legendary dagger.

"Oh, now who is this beautiful lady?" Marcus said gently, seducing Ellaile. Luckily, Ellaile was not a fool to get into his schemes.

"You killed Kyujin, huh?"

"Of course, and what will you do? Kill me?" Marcus said it jokingly, and Ellaile got irritated. She burst with rage.

"Then, i will have your head hang on the wall of the Atlas." She dashed out to Marcus, trying to stab him. Marcus saw her movements, and stepped back to dodge the incoming attack. But Ellaile was fast enough, Marcus received a kick into his balls. He cringed in pain. That was the worst part a man got hit. He stepped back to regain posture, but Ellaile dashed out again. The killing intent of Ellaile was visible in her eyes.