Chapter 21

*As always, this story is on-going and changes will be made along the way

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading my book. Your support is everything to me! :)

Feel free to comment & vote below!

**

Giovanni

We drove in silence. Casey didn't utter a word to me since I asked her for a paternity test. I didn't even feel bad about it. If she had nothing to hide, then what would be the problem in getting confirmation? Every part of me was hoping that this was all a big misunderstanding and that I wasn't the father. That would be mean that Isabella and I could be together again.

She keeps walking away from you

That phrase echoed in my mind over and over again. Every time she walked away from me, she broke me a little more. Having the hope that I would be able to call her mine again being ripped away from me over and over again was torture.

If you walk away now then that's it, Isabella

I was angry at her. I was angry that she walked away from me again. Did our relationship mean that little to her? She had no problem leaving and it was killing me inside. My hands tightened around the steering wheel and I took a deep breath in trying to get a handle on my emotions. The last person I wanted to show emotion in front of was Casey.

"You take the next left," she muttered bringing me out of my thoughts

She turned away from me and crossed her arms. She was hurt - that much was clear but I didn't care for her feelings the way she hoped I would. Our relationship had always been purely physical - since the first day I met her. She was attractive and interested and I didn't need anything complicated. I should feel bad that she went on to develop feelings for me but I didn't. I had made it clear from the beginning what this was going to be. Her feelings were not my responsibility.

I turned around the corner and she pointed to the building up ahead

"You can just park on the street," she said

I maneuvered into an open parking and turned the engine off. A rush of nerves washed over me at the thought of going inside. I had no idea what to expect and that wasn't something I welcomed. I needed to be in control of a situation and everything about this one was driving me crazy because I was so out of touch with it. Casey grabbed her handbag and stepped outside the car. I reached for my wallet and followed her lead. I pulled my coat closer to me as we walked through the front doors. It was a small clinic. There were a handful of empty chairs scattered along the walls of reception. I followed Casey to the counter where a petite receptionist sat behind. She glanced up at us, peeping from behind her large round glasses.

"Hola, Casey Fonseca - tengo una cita con la doctora Gonzalez," Casey said

The receptionist nodded and politely pointed to the waiting room, "Ella the va a atender ahora,"

We took a seat and I couldn't help but tap my foot nervously against the floor. There were pictures of babies hanging on the walls. Tons of babies. There were sleeping babies, smiling babies, crying babies - they were everywhere. Pressure spread across my chest at the sight of them. I was pretty sure I didn't even want children. It had never been something I had thought I would have. I had accepted my fate a long time ago and now here I was. Stuck having a baby with someone I didn't love. No matter the decisions I had made in the past, if I was ever going to have a baby, I would have imagined it going differently.