Chapter 3: From a Threat to a Friend

Darling's P.O.V.

I stood frozen in shock. Questions raced thrpugh my head. "What are you doing here?" I asked, my voice quivering.

Chase replies smoothly, "It's always nice to see a true knight in action."

I answer back more aggressively, "If you want to see a true knight in action, go find my brother, Daring."

"Why would I do that? He does not have your skills. He's too impulsive, and he never waits for the right opening to strike," the red knight claims.

"Not a true knight? He sure can beat you in Hero Training class. It's the talk of the school," I laugh.

Chase just smiles slyly, "That's why I am watching you, princess. Or should I say knight?"

My heart starts beating rapidly, what was I to do? I was running out of options, so I start threatening him. "If you don't leave right now, I will scream. Wouldn't want to be here when the Charming princess is endangered now, would you?"

Chase chuckles, "You scream, in those clothes, next to a suit of hidden armor. Ha! I don't believe you." 

He was so right! The last thing I wanted to do is scream. My lower lip shook and I started to tremble, "Whatever after you do, please don't tell anyone. Please, just tell nobody!"

Chase's face warms and he smiles. Not a sly, cocky smile, but a warm, friendly, reassuring smile. "Don't worry, I wouldn't tell a soul," he promises, "Besides if I did, then I would have no real knight to watch anymore."

Suddenly, Chase was more like the Chase I knew from Wonderland. Recently, he had just transferred to Ever After High, along with Courtly Jester, daughter of the Joker Card. Things were strange between me and him, he didn't tell anybody that I was the White Knight of Wonderland, but he didn't talk to me. At the Wonderland party, we bonded over things we had in common. Things changed when he transferred, he kept a distance. "I know what you are thinking," Chase began, "Why was I giving you the cold shoulder when I transferred?"

I nod, "Yeah, I was pondering over that for a while now."

Chase hexplains, "I didn't know how to act. You were one of the most popular princesses in the entire school, and I was the new boy from wacky Wonderland."

"It's okay. I understand, I'm glad you told me," I say, smiling back at the knight.

"Want me to walk you back to school, princess?" invites the knight.

I accept and we walk all the way back together. In between I changed my clothes, just so there wasn't any suspision. When we reach my dorm room I ask, "Aren't you going to kiss me goodnight, brave knight?"

Chase answers, "Of course, my princess."

He leans in and pecks me on the cheek. Fortunately, I only start blushing when he leaves. No more cold shoulder now, huh? I think to myself, only time will tell.

A/N: Chasling is happening! Hip hip hooray! Hope everybody enjoyed this short chapter and updates will come soon! -Peace Out, CheriKeys