Chapter 20: Transformation

A/N: Sorry about not updating for 2 weeks, hehe. I'll try and be better at updating. Anyway, enjoy the story and please vote and comment!

Without a single thought in Darling Charming's mind, she headed home. In her hands was the cursed cake, and it had her mother's name on it. She swiftly moved towards a stone tower without any eyes following her. Then, she pressed onto a dirty jagged rock and the secret passage opened. At the top, she reached her parents' room. No one was there, so the princess sat down on the luxurious goose feather mattress. She felt nothing, the softness, the warmth, all gone. When one is cursed their brain shuts down, until the complete the task. Click, click, click.

Merida enters, frustration written all over her face. She gives a small shriek at the sight of her daughter. "What are you doing here?!" 

Darling puts on a sad face, "I'm sorry, mother, for everything. I was foolish."

Merida's heart softens, "Oh Darling, if only you knew-never mind that-where have you been?"

The queen straightened herself before adding, "You've caused a lot of trouble, young lady."

"I went to a small village and overlooked my actions. I realized I was wrong, so I got you a cake," the princess stated as she lifted her arms revealing the treat.

Merida wasn't so easily tricked, instead she hastily changed the subject. "You should see the kings and queens now. King Florian Prince and his wife, Queen Snow White are in an outrage. King Phillip Sword and Queen Aurora Beauty are suspecting that we're in a conspiracy with George King since his daughter, Raven, rebelled! They think we're doing this because of Dexter and Raven's relationship!" explained the queen anxiously.

"Oh, I'm sorry, dear mother. I never wished for this to happen. I was so foolish. Will you ever forgive me?"

Merida sat down next to her daughter, "There's some things you do not know about me and those things are always a punishment to you. Of course, I forgive you."

Darling smiled and offered her mother the cake again. "After you eat it and we make amends, we can try and fix this. I'll marry Michael Beract."

The sweet aromas of the cake were hard to resist, so finally the queen agreed. Darling placed the cake onto the white table next to the blue armchair. Merida sat down and took a bite with a golden fork that magically appeared at the right moment. "It's delicious," she comments as she takes another bite.

One bite after another, the queen devoured the dessert. She was so distracted that she didn't even notice Darling's tiara and jewelry missing. The task had been completed.

Darling's P.O.V.

My head throbbed before a sudden pain rushed in. It was as if someone lit fireworks inside my brain. When I opened my eyes, I saw my mother, my parents' room and an empty dish. "What am I doing here?" I asked, my head still throbbing.

My mother flashed me a concerned look. "You alright? You were fine just a minute ago."

I shook my head, "The last thing I remember..."

I paused and shook my head again, it hurted badly. As if someone was controlling me and my mind took the backseat. Then, my mother touched her own head in the same manner. She groaned and sat down next to me on the bed. Suddenly, I thought of the treat Wichita would make for me so my mother wouldn't let me marry Michael. Was this actually happening? I just could not remember. There was a long moment of silence, until a large roar broke it. I turned and screamed, my mother was no longer there, but a large black bear took her place.