Chapter 25: Get the Wheels Rolling

Witchita's P.O.V.

Darling's plan had a slim chance of working, but it was the only chance we had. Personally, I wasn't too fond if it. In order to make a love potion, I'd have to go back home, to my room and find the correct spellbook. Home=Where mom is=BAD STUFF;

I was willing to go along with it, who knows maybe helping a Charming would be my ticket out of my mother's claws and into the world of freedom. We decided to split up, Darling would help hide her mum, Chase would find an appropriate spot for the plan and I had to make the love potion. Yay for me...

"Wish me luck," I said before leaving Chase, Darling and the bear.

Darling chuckled, "You don't need luck, you'll do fine."

Chase nodded in agreement, his mind already lost in thought.

I smile and use a teleportation spell to get back to my small town on the outskirts of the Charming kingdom. I stood right in front of the General Store, it's large mahogany door looking like the "door of doom". I gulped, the sign was closed, which meant no one except my mother was in there.

I slowly open the heavy door, like a small mouse I dart around the store and to the back. WIthout making a peep, I rush into my bedroom and lock the door behind me. Now, the lock is probably useless, I mean, my mother would just break it with a Level 1 spell, but a lock is better than no lock, right? (I guess Blondie Lockes wouldn't agree on that)

I grab a book, it's dusty with a magenta leather cover and frail yellow pages. It's an old book that dates back to when magic mirrors were never heard of. Used by princesses and peasants alike, all to get what they want. Power, freedom, money and now I was using it. I was using it for a friend, but in a way I was doing it for myself. A way to break free from my mother's chains and suppresion. I couldn't fail this.

Chase's P.O.V.

What had I gotten myself into? I'm not too sure, but I was doing this for Darling. She was all I had, being abandoned at young, I had a tough time growing up. Back then, I never really got along with Kingsley Redford, the blood son of my adopted mother and my "brother" and I wasn't to sure what I was going to be, almost everyone in Wonderland would bind themselves to destiny, at least before the Evil Queen corrupted Wonderland. If I didn't know who my parents were, what would be my destiny? Even if I trained to be the Red Knight of Wonderland, it would never be my true role. I guess Darling had the same feeling of "lost" too, about her wantting to be something more, not just another damsel.

Well, back to the adventure. I needed an open space for the plan to work. It couldn't be croweded, and it had to be close. My only thoughts were the center of the rose maze. Which meant, it was time to go through it myself, Hansel and Gretel style. Grabbing a pile of shiny white stones, I started walking and marking my way as I walked. If I turned around I would pick up the rocks until I started advancing forward again. It took about an hour and a half, for me to find the center. The wait was worth ever second.

At the center of the maze was a large open space. Roses 8 feet tall towered over the short trimmed grass. A white marble fountain was located in the middle of the square. Gold accents and the Charming crest was everywhere around the sides. This area was secluded, hard to access and large. As Blondie Lockes would say, "It was just right."

A/N: Hello readers! This chapter is short, but I'm working on Chapter 26 right now, so stay tuned! :D