Epilogue

1 week later

Everything seemed to be going well in the Charming household. Everyone came to a realization that they needed to revamp their idea of family. In the living room, Lance and his wife (who he now affectionately calls Merida) had a talk with their kids. They explained everything, the seize of Dunbroch, to how Lance met Merida, why it was kept a secret and Darling's destiny.

Then a grand announcement was said for the entire land of Ever After. Answers were revealed and though the rest of the world was accepting, the other Charming's took a while to get used to the fact that Merida was wild, spunky and hated most traditions. It took them even longer to accept Darling's true side, even Apple, Briar and Ashlynn needed some time to adjust. The everlasting army that stood at Dunbroch's borders was taken away and Merida was free to go back to her homeland whenever she pleased.

Along with the typical ceremony of when one completes their destiny at Pages Peak, Darling, Witchita and many others rediscovered The Brave Princess. It was a tale that was lost after Merida, and now they brought it back. However, it was no called, "The Darling and Brave Princess" named after Darling Charming the most recent character. The world changed a lot, but this change was good.

This change gave Dexter the courage to announce to the world that he loved Raven Queen and only had eyes for her. In all honesty, this seemed like a piece of small news after Merida's announcement.

1 year later

At 19 years old, Darling was allowed to be herself out in public. Now, you can find her wearing pants and with a sword or a bow at her side. Chase Redford and her are still going steady. Lance and Merida chose to be remarried, a proper one where Merida came riding in on a horse and was kept private. Their new vows suited each other much better and this couple is now seen happily strolling through the rose garden or shooting arrows at targets together.

5 years later

At 24 years old, Daring Charming married his highschool sweetheart, Rosabella Beauty long after the two completed their destiny's, Daring was the beast and Rosabella was the next Beauty/Belle. The two complemented each other well, Rosabella making sure Daring never went too far and Daring making sure his new wife let loose from time to time. A castle was built in between Rosabella's kingdom and the vast Charming kingdom. Fans of this couple even dubbed them, "Charming Beauty".

8 years later

Months after Chase Redford finally proposed to Darling. Both were 26, a little young, but they knew they were each other's true love. Dexter and Raven had also gotten married and now it was their turn. The wedding was small, couple of friends and many family members. Darling always remembered the scenery, white banners with red roses. The words, "I do," sounded magical and everything was amazing. Shortly after, Darling and her new husband made the decision of moving to Wonderland. Merida secretly knew it was going to happen soon, every 3 months the couple seemed to move closer and closer towards the permanent well (that was built in the later years) that led to Wonderland.

It was hard to forget Darling and Daring heart to heart conversation before Darling left. Daring was cleaning sorting through old photos, wondering which to leave at his parents' castle, which should leave with his sister and which for himself to keep and which should go to Dexter and Raven's new home, which was located between Queen kingdom and Charming kingdom. Darling remembered walking in, her carriage was coming in a couple of hours. Darling had picked up an old photo, a perfect one. The exact one she saw in her parents' room. Everything seemed perfect except Daring had cast it off to the side, very close to the trash can. "What about this one?" she asked.

Daring's answer had given his little sister a shock. "Nah, I don't like it."

Darling checked the picture twice, it was perfect. "What's wrong with it?" she inquired.

Daring smiled, it wasn't his big, fake, pearly white smile, but a true sincere smile. "It's fake, everyone is lying in the photo."

Those words touched Darling's heart, she was glad their family changed so much, they changed for the better.

15 years later

Darling gave birth to a handsome baby boy, Carmine Redford-Charming. He was 4 years old as they walked towards the well. Holding her father's hand was Diamond "Didi" Redford Charming, she was barely 3 and had just learned how to walk a few months ago. Darling was pregnant with their third child, which was predicted to be another girl. Chase suggested the name Dazzling and Darling loved it. Darling's large belly grew every day, she was already 7 months pregnant, her baby bump was as huge as a watermelon. The family walked towards the well, it was about time they returned to Ever After. It had been 15 years since Darling completed her story and she did live "happily ever after" after that...

A/N: Woo woo! Finished the story! I'd like to give a huge thanks to all my readers, whether you voted, commented, you all are the best! I started this story in March 2021 and now it's November 2021 and I am proud to say after 8 months, the story is complete!!!

I plan to continue writing, just less frequently and as always I'm holding a vote! The following post will be about the options for my next story!