Chapter 24: A Plan

Merida (now in the shape of a large black bear, but with her normal mind) sprinted ahead of her daughter and Chase, the three ran along the edge of the cliff. The guards shouted a bit more, this time undistinguishable because of the distance between the two parties. They scattered for a while before returning with ropes. "Well, what are you waiting for?!" asked a guard with blue eyes and short brown curls.

The other guard with dark skin and brown eyes nodded at the third freckled knight. The freckled knight closed his left eye for extra good aim and strung the rope 3 time before it flew into the air and onto Darling's ankles. With her legs suddenly tied up the princess jolted and took a hard fall on the grass with a thud.

Two more ropes flew into the air and tied up Chase and Merida. Several more knights came and took the red knight and Darling to the dungeons. Upon the king's orders, they were place in different floors to avoid any "stupid mistakes".

We need to get out of here, thought Chase, Hmmmm...

Just as Chase was in deep thought there was a strong clang, slash and soon a loud thud! Before the red knight's eyes was the Queen, Darling's mother. Apparently the ropes and chains stood no match for this bear, it waited a moment, perhaps expecting some apprecaition before backing away. The chains placed on Chase's limbs suffered the same faith as the iron door, so he was free to go. "Now to find Darling," he whispered, half hexpecting a reply.

It didn't take long to find and free Darling and once again they left. They paced silently around the dark corridors of the castle. Merida had left to find Witchita, her new sense of smell would be helpful.

An idea as fast and as bright as lightning soon hit Darling Charming's as they hid in the main bedroom hall. She ushered her boyfriend to a storage cabinet and hexplained her idea.

"Chase, the 'mend' we must do is my mother and father's relationship. I swear it's just a poisoned apple now," she hexplained as quietly as possible.

Chase's eyes widen, "That's ever after awesome, but how?"

"Maybe Witchita would know how to do it, let's hope my mom finds her soon."

Witchita and Merida came after 47 minutes. Unfortunately, Merida couldn't fit with the other three teenagers on the cabinet, so she left to wait outside secretly. In her head, Darling was glad her mother was not around. It would be hard to hexplain to her the plan. After the large bear left, Witchita said she could concoct a love potion and give it to Lance. As soon as she figured out how to change Darling's mom back she would make sure the king and queen fell in love again. The plan was far fetched and risky, but it was their only choice.

A/N: I know, I know, haven't updated in a month, sorry!